Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am thinking of buying a 2020 ioniq by bros and I wanted to understand what people are getting for mpg for urban, combined, etc. I don’t trust the ‘official’ manufactures values. If you respond from the US then mention US as I know your gallons are smaller.
Thank you.

·
Registered
UK spec 2020 1st Edition in Polar White
852 Posts
I have a 2020 HEV 1st Edition and abolutely love it.

It's a company car so much of the time I drive to a schedule rather than trying to maximise mpg.

You will see from my details that my office is in Letchworth (25 miles up the A1 from the M25). Two weeks ago, I had to drive to Edinburgh on Thursday evening, work all day Friday then drive back home the same evening. All on the A1, it took 14 hours of driving to cover 724 miles, and where possible I used ACC with the Sat Nav showing 70mph, and I got 59.7mpg.

When I drove from Luton to Great Yarmouth, 5 up and a boot full of bags, again using ACC, but this time with the speedo showing 65mph, I achieved 63.5mpg.

My short commute kills my average mpg, especially in the winter, but day to day use in town, country, motorway and driving in London, sees an average around 55mpg.

It's not a sports car and these results give a driving style readout of around 80% Eco, 17% Normal and 3% Aggressive.

·
Registered
Hyundai 2021 Hybrid 1st Edition in Iron Grey
111 Posts
I have a 2020 HEV 1st Edition and abolutely love it.

It's a company car so much of the time I drive to a schedule rather than trying to maximise mpg.

You will see from my details that my office is in Letchworth (25 miles up the A1 from the M25). Two weeks ago, I had to drive to Edinburgh on Thursday evening, work all day Friday then drive back home the same evening. All on the A1, it took 14 hours of driving to cover 724 miles, and where possible I used ACC with the Sat Nav showing 70mph, and I got 59.7mpg.

When I drove from Luton to Great Yarmouth, 5 up and a boot full of bags, again using ACC, but this time with the speedo showing 65mph, I achieved 63.5mpg.

My short commute kills my average mpg, especially in the winter, but day to day use in town, country, motorway and driving in London, sees an average around 55mpg.

It's not a sports car and these results give a driving style readout of around 80% Eco, 17% Normal and 3% Aggressive.
I have exactly the same model as you...At the moment I`m getting mid 60`s round town, now that the weather has improved..I dont boot it but I do keep up with prevailing traffic but always keep the right foot from being heavy and use the paddles all the time to slow down..The last long run down into Lincolnshire I was getting just short of 70mpg..Great car indeed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts