Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the topic object, my Ioniq have a rattle from rear seatback. Is the hook of the right seatback (also the left has some) that has some backlash, a little movement. At the moment i put a cleenex on the hooks and the backlash and the rattle go away. Some solution? Thanks to all.
Fabrizio

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
if you look where the door closes there is a little slot in the grey hard plastic, just the right size to push the metal bit of the seat belt into when the seats are folded down

might give you a nice solution if the rear belts are not used often

unfortunately nothing for middle seat, other than plug it into the other bit pf the seat belt

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you look where the door closes there is a little slot in the grey hard plastic, just the right size to push the metal bit of the seat belt into when the seats are folded down

might give you a nice solution if the rear belts are not used often

unfortunately nothing for middle seat, other than plug it into the other bit pf the seat belt
Blue thanks for the tips for the metal bit of the seat belt. The real problem is the hook of the rear seatback: when you folded down you can see it. Tomorrow i put some gaffer tape on it instead of the cleenex. It moove a little when the rear seatback is hooked.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah, sorry misunderstood the rattle location

a few turns of insulation tape may give a neater looking solution, but as with any tape solution you will end up with a sticky mess after a period of time
I make a test with american tape. I hope it works.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
I am wondering if you are missing a rubber stop or something, as mine I have to push back fairly hard to get the catch to engaged

just checked mine, no stops or bumpers but I have to give it a good shove to get the catch to engage

I wonder if something like the little bits of self adhesive felt you get to stop furniture marking wood floors stuck between the top of the seat and the car might be a better solution, by keeping a little bit of pressure on the catch to stop it rattling? would keep it out of site with no sticky mess and you wouldn't need to replace it now and again :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear seat rattle

Yes I got it too after a few months mostly on right rear seat catch but occasionally the left also. Wrapped electrical insulation tape around catches which fixed it for now.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have noise from the rear seats which disappears when the seats are folded down or there is a rear passenger. I will try the insulation tape "fix".

·
Registered
525 Posts
I had my rattly rear seats adjusted under warranty.Rattle gone .

Reactions: AdamInKent
1 - 10 of 10 Posts