Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
No official details have been revealed on the pure EV’s range as of yet, but Hyundai executives did drop some big clues at the car’s launch event. “For range, Ioniq is also well beyond [the Kia] Soul,” continued Yang. And Ki-Sang Lee, Hyundai’s senior vice president, head of eco-friendly tech centre, added: “Our driving range on our EV is bigger than our competitor that starts with an N,” [clearly referring to the Nissan Leaf]. Given that the Soul’s claimed range is 132 miles and the Leaf’s 155, the Ioniq’s could be around the 160 mile mark.
New Hyundai Ioniq 2016: engines, tech and full details | Auto Express

·
Registered
169 Posts
Was hoping to see a battery mileage closer to the Bolt or Model 3. Once the Bolt has been proven to be able to travel 200 miles+, it's going to be the new standard for me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Is the range of the Bolt a documented reality? I am not interested in the Bolt and have not followed it, but isn't the range expectation just what GM said?

·
Registered
323 Posts
You also have to look at how much you actually need because there may be other perks about the vehicle that work out better for you than the Bolt or something else does.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is the range of the Bolt a documented reality? I am not interested in the Bolt and have not followed it, but isn't the range expectation just what GM said?
You could be right, but at the same time they really pushed that 200 mile range hard so it would look really bad if they didn't actually meet it comfortably.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We should hear about the electric ioniq's range this year as it's speculated to be launched alongside the hybrid by the third quarter. I assume that's around the time the Bolt EV is also coming out for range testing.

·
Registered
169 Posts
GM is going to disappoint a lot of people if they can't deliver on that 200 mile range, maybe even deter them from buying one and push them to look at alternatives.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hyundai is fighting to better positions in the market so my guess is yes they will.

But of course there's no telling how that will play out until we actually see the vehicle.

Don't see why they should aim any lower, no need to undercut.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The ioniq will have to have a range of 200 or greater to compete with the upcoming models. Both the Bolt EV and Model 3 are reported to have a range of at least 200 miles. Hyundai's new car may look sportier than the Bolt EV but looks may not be enough to overcome a buyer's range anxiety.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I read that VW is aiming to build a 300 mile range Ev, so the arms race is on.
Chances are they're going to target its marketing as a go anywhere, no range anxiety, type of vehicle. This will become even more important with the bigger they go since SUV's are more likely to be driven on road trips.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The problem with VW's claim is that they don't really have much planned out besides the range speculation. Sure 300 miles would be great but it could be years before we see it. As for the Bolt and Model 3, their ranges will be tested soon so people can see some real world numbers.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts