Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok anyone know what the full charge on a ev should read on the dash, I have charged mine overnight and only got 206km on the dash. It was on for 12 hours with 79km on dash from start.

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
It all depends on the previous driving with the car. If you drove at its maximum speed all the time, there will almost no range be displayed. This is because the car predicts how far you can come WHEN YOU WOULD DRIVE THE SAME AS BEFORE, UNDER THE SAME CIRCUMSTANCES. So looking at that display is as if you are looking at yourself in the past in a kind of mirror... In how far this really predicts your future depends on whether you will drive in the same way as in the past. Drive slower then in reality more range than indicated. Driving faster less range, also when it is colder.

Reactions: Javamik

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jan, I had an idea it was that, I had to drive up to Dublin very quickly on Wednesday so range went down very quick, I will keep an eye on it to see if it comes up as I moderate my driving.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think 206 km is not bad at all in winter unless you are a very slow city driver. Today I had to drive 220 km, drove 95 km/h average (max 110) on the motorway with an efficiency of 7 km/kWh. That's less than 200 km on a full battery. Had to charge a bit on the way indeed.

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
Yes, indeed, when I am such a slow city driver up to 70 km/h, as I am for most of my trips, during this wintertime the indicator (and also real range) displays around 220 km. But sometimes I have a faster trip up to 80 to 100 km/h, then it goes down to around 200 km. In summertime both are expected to be a bit (or even much?) higher.

Reactions: blownb310

·
Registered
254 Posts
Reached a new personal best today on this exceptionally warm winter day. Did my way back home 55 km with 9.8 km/kWh. Mainly motorway, 12 degrees C, cruising 80-90 km/h. That's almost the 280 km range Hyundai promises.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi Guys

Have a look at this latest posting on YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tUE9B10qlw
Nice find. I'm happy to see a video of someone testing at higher speeds because where I live most highway driving is 75-80mph.
Of note, at least in the US is the EV can charge at 100 kW, not just 50 kW. Also there is an app Blue Link for remote charging among other features. Also, unfortunately there is no "Autosteer" as he calls it or LKAS in US version.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will only get my Ioniq in May, so I can't report yet. I'm really anxious to see the mileage I'll be able to get out of the car!
My 20km home-work commute currently consists of about 15 km highway and, knowing myself, I will not be able to hold back and keep the speed below 120kmh -- 130 is more likely :-D (living in Munich, Germany)

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
I will only get my Ioniq in May, so I can't report yet. I'm really anxious to see the mileage I'll be able to get out of the car!
My 20km home-work commute currently consists of about 15 km highway and, knowing myself, I will not be able to hold back and keep the speed below 120kmh -- 130 is more likely :-D (living in Munich, Germany)
Don't worry, 20 km is nothing compared to the range of the Ioniq EV, even if you drive 130 km/h in winter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts