Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for the replies. I have another question -- how accurate is the MPG reading VS actual MPG at the gas station?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I have another question -- how accurate is the MPG reading VS actual MPG at the gas station?
Several topics on that across the forum - basically use fuelly to keep a running total and you get very accurate figures. The in-car reading is accurate enough for day-to-day use but only has two options - per-tankful or cumulative since last re-set. The first is very much a `spot` figure averaging over a limited mileage. The latter is better over a larger mileage but takes some time to change as the miles mount.

Either is more accurate than the `claimed` figures from the manufacturer - I think only a couple of users here have got the 83mpg because the testing regime is not reflective of driving patterns in Europe. Cnversely the American figures seem to be far closer to what many Americans buyers actually see - and converting that figure to UK MPG seems to give a good representation of what most users see, most of the time.

·
Registered
303 Posts
It's in the menu next to the speedometer. One of the options is for the auto-reset of the fuel economy gauge.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts