Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
IONIQ5,lounge+Vision,73kWh,Phantom Black
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wenn I charge 100% ,now in winter januari 2022, the maximum range is 395 km.
Is there any other experience??
regards from Holland ( The Netherlands )

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Long Range AWD 2022
328 Posts
At 85% charge, at 2C, the range is showing now as 373km.

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Long Range AWD 2022
328 Posts
That's pretty good.
That was the guess. Today's trip was 139km in total in temperatures around zero, with average speed of 60km/h. I used 35% of the battery charge, but the car was preheated when plugged in at the start. There was a break between the legs of the trip, so the car had time to cool down before the return leg.

So average consumption was 18.2kWh/100km.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 73kw on order
75 Posts
With full heating and in highway driving 125 km the range is 300km. Driving 110, a bit of city, and moderate heating the range goes up to 350-375. No heating 400 km. And in short city trips with no heatibg i have got consumption of 14 kwh so range is then 500 km plus…. Put in the heating and the same trip is 25-30kwh

·
Registered
117 Posts
When I took delivery it was -30c for a number of days. I was seeing close to 40kwh/100km city stop and go traffic. I was being liberal with my heating though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have found that the mileage shown as available after a charge is depnedent on how you drive. (substitute Miles for KM)

In exactly the same way as a fossil fuel car will show the range, based on the current MPG (which is based on driving style), so the i5 will show the range based on the current Miles per kWh consumption, which can be seen next to the running charge bar at the bottom of the dash.

If I drive hard, the Miles per kWh goes down, and so does the range shown when i next charge. However if i drive like an old lady, the range shown is much higher.

I guess climate must also have a bearing on it too, but that seems to be my experience. Hope it helps

·
Registered
Ioniq 5, Premium
65 Posts
With full heating and in highway driving 125 km the range is 300km. Driving 110, a bit of city, and moderate heating the range goes up to 350-375. No heating 400 km. And in short city trips with no heatibg i have got consumption of 14 kwh so range is then 500 km plus…. Put in the heating and the same trip is 25-30kwh
This fits my experience very closely

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have found that the mileage shown as available after a charge is depnedent on how you drive. (substitute Miles for KM)

In exactly the same way as a fossil fuel car will show the range, based on the current MPG (which is based on driving style), so the i5 will show the range based on the current Miles per kWh consumption, which can be seen next to the running charge bar at the bottom of the dash.

If I drive hard, the Miles per kWh goes down, and so does the range shown when i next charge. However if i drive like an old lady, the range shown is much higher.

I guess climate must also have a bearing on it too, but that seems to be my experience. Hope it helps
You're right, it does take into account your driving style. In the first couple of weeks of ownership the GOM was all over the place, but over a few months it has settled down and is now fairly consistent

·
Registered
63 Posts
At -10C it shows about 330km range while driving slowly in the city with the heat on. The heating consumption is about 1.2kW to maintain 18C inside.
We did get about 440km around 0C on the highway.
We have winter tires and the 77kWh battery.

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 RWD 73kWh Balance Cyber Grey
33 Posts
The same car, charged to 90%, shows a range of 414km. When starting to drive, the range immediately drops to 395km. I have Michelin Crossclimate 19” tires. Consumption is around 18kwh/100km, between 14 and 19 depending on outside temperature and average speed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts