Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Can anyone tell me when using the re-gen paddles on max level 3, if the brake lights are applied, as it can bring the car to a stop quite rapidly

2) Just started using the Blue Link app and not over impressed so fare, if I put a destination in my phone using Blue Link it tells me it’s been added to my previous destinations on the cars sat nav, but when I check, it’s not there. Also when I lock the car up using the key fob, I get a message on my phone saying one of the doors is unlocked, but after physically checking the car is fully locked.
Is this app worth using with the hybrid?

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate Package
1,070 Posts
I'm kind of surprised that nobody has answered you yet.

1) Yes. If the car is slowing down deliberately, it will apply the brake lights. That's true from regenerative braking or from adaptive cruise. I've seen people say that the brake lights come on depending on the number of regen bars in the dash display but that's not strictly true. From my own testing, it has little to do with that and more to do with if the car is actually slowing down or attempting to actually slow down. I once set the cruise control to 35 and let it moderate my speed down a steep hill. Although the regen bars were full and it was even using mechanical braking, the brake lights did not come on. I deduced that it was because the car was maintaining speed, not reducing it.

2) I can't speak for how bluelink works where you are or in the newer models. I do use it in mine. I've never had a warning about one door being unlocked but that might be a feature I don't have. As far as having it send to the previous destinations, I've not checked that. Mine usually shows a popup on the navigation saying that there's a new destination and asking if I'd like to navigate there. This is very useful when I'm the passenger since I can't enter an address while the car is in drive. I use the app to send an address in that case. I do the same thing when my fiancee is driving and would like me to send an address to the car remotely. I find these features to be very worth it regardless of hybrid, PHEV or EV. I also use the app when I'm not sure if I've remembered to lock the doors or not.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
1) Can anyone tell me when using the re-gen paddles on max level 3, if the brake lights are applied, as it can bring the car to a stop quite rapidly
Yes, brakes lights will go on in max regen. Will also go on at any level if you press the brake pedal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm kind of surprised that nobody has answered you yet.

1) Yes. If the car is slowing down deliberately, it will apply the brake lights. That's true from regenerative braking or from adaptive cruise. I've seen people say that the brake lights come on depending on the number of regen bars in the dash display but that's not strictly true. From my own testing, it has little to do with that and more to do with if the car is actually slowing down or attempting to actually slow down. I once set the cruise control to 35 and let it moderate my speed down a steep hill. Although the regen bars were full and it was even using mechanical braking, the brake lights did not come on. I deduced that it was because the car was maintaining speed, not reducing it.

2) I can't speak for how bluelink works where you are or in the newer models. I do use it in mine. I've never had a warning about one door being unlocked but that might be a feature I don't have. As far as having it send to the previous destinations, I've not checked that. Mine usually shows a popup on the navigation saying that there's a new destination and asking if I'd like to navigate there. This is very useful when I'm the passenger since I can't enter an address while the car is in drive. I use the app to send an address in that case. I do the same thing when my fiancee is driving and would like me to send an address to the car remotely. I find these features to be very worth it regardless of hybrid, PHEV or EV. I also use the app when I'm not sure if I've remembered to lock the doors or not.
Thank you very much for your reply, and information supplied. After a lot of searching on the forum I found out that the brake lights come on after 2 bars.
Your efforts are much apprecited.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts