Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I would like to confirm the correct working of the ventilation system of my Ioniq EV.

Normally, it’s set on ‘auto’ but sometimes I want to control the airflow myself. So I press the button below:

For a brief moment, the setting of that button is reflected in the display (13), the airflow with person-icon.

But after a few moments, the icon (airflow with person) goes off and the windscreen/auto-icon goes on.

I confirmed that the airflow gets set to the setting I selected, but why I isn’t that reflected in the display all the time? Do you experience the same?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Turn Auto off first. I never use it, and the icon you show displays the position I want and changes everytime I press the button. I can hear the vents in the dash opening and closing as I scroll through the selection.

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai IONIQ Electric Premium
791 Posts
Try turning the ADS off. The automatic defog system will take over when the sensor behind the rearview mirror senses to much humidity.

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq Executive EV 28kWh
17 Posts
Turn off the ADS and you can control the whole systen manually.
You get the windscreen/auto icon lit when the windscreen sensor thinks the windscreen will fog up on the inside and therefore direct airflow to the windshield and also turn on AC when needed.
You can turn ADS off by long pressing the auto button if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The system in the Ioniq EV is very good. For economy sake, I never have the fan above 2 bars. That seems to always keep the cabin right for us. HVAC is the largest energy draw after the drivetrain. Turning auto defrost off is a good choice for economy as well. Many times a little warm air will defrost well. You can still manually engage defrost with AC if you desire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turn Auto off first. I never use it, and the icon you show displays the position I want and changes everytime I press the button. I can hear the vents in the dash opening and closing as I scroll through the selection.
Thanks. But what I’m trying to figure out if it’s normal that the lit airflow, which is shown when pressing the airflow switch, goes off once the selection has been made. The airflow seems to follow my setting, but why isn’t that icon continuously lit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try turning the ADS off. The automatic defog system will take over when the sensor behind the rearview mirror senses to much humidity.
Thanks. I don’t mind that ADS is on. The airflow seems to follow my setting, but why isn’t that icon continuously lit? It’s lit only when making a selection. Once the selection has been made, the icon of the selected airflow goes off. Is that supposed to work that way?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I will try to turn ADS off and check what happens.
Thanks again for your time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts