Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Limited with Premium Package
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to disable to auto locks on my doors? I’m a UPS PVD driver so I am in and out of my car frequently delivering packages and I have my locks set to unlock my doors when I put my car in park which is great but it doesn’t always unlock my passengers doors so when I walk around the car to get a package out of the passenger side and find that the doors are locked it really pisses me up and it slows me down cause I now gotta walk back around to the drivers door to unlock my passengers door! And the fact that I have my keys right on my belt loop you would think I could just use the remote to unlock my doors but that doesn’t work! It’s a real pita honestly so is there setting I’m missing somewhere? I’m getting in and out of my car so much ideally I’d really like to just turn the auto lock completely off and lock my doors manually with my key remote! I notice I can disable the Auto Unlock but not auto lock (atleast on my model).

·
Registered
677 Posts
Is there anyway to disable to auto locks on my doors? I’m a UPS PVD driver so I am in and out of my car frequently delivering packages and I have my locks set to unlock my doors when I put my car in park which is great but it doesn’t always unlock my passengers doors so when I walk around the car to get a package out of the passenger side and find that the doors are locked it really pisses me up and it slows me down cause I now gotta walk back around to the drivers door to unlock my passengers door! And the fact that I have my keys right on my belt loop you would think I could just use the remote to unlock my doors but that doesn’t work! It’s a real pita honestly so is there setting I’m missing somewhere? I’m getting in and out of my car so much ideally I’d really like to just turn the auto lock completely off and lock my doors manually with my key remote! I notice I can disable the Auto Unlock but not auto lock (atleast on my model).
You could "hack" into the electrical system and disable that feature. Also try "disable auto lock" on Google. Good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
There is a setup in the Dashboard Settings, ie when to activate/deaktivere autolock. I have mine on when in not P, ie D, N, R. Ie when in P they auto unlock. Its a setting...

you might even be able to turn off...

·
Registered
Iconiq plug In. Premium SE/ultimate 2019
119 Posts
Or if you cannot disable it electronically and are serious about manual locking then it should be relatively easy to disconnect the central locking servo on the passenger door,
Obviously it means it would only lock manually that side,

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
810 Posts
In the User Settings accessed via the steering wheel buttons, turn Two Press Unlock off. All doors will unlock at the same time when using the door handle button, key fob, or most importantly in your case; shifting into Park.

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Limited with Premium Package
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the User Settings accessed via the steering wheel buttons, turn Two Press Unlock off. All doors will unlock at the same time when using the door handle button, key fob, or most importantly in your case; shifting into Park.
Yeah I think that’s the best option I have it seems other than messing with the electrical wiring which I refuse to do with my car still under warranty right now.

·
Registered
246 Posts
On my UK spec HEV, if I access the same User Settings (the ones you control via the steering wheel right hand buttons) I have the option to turn Auto Lock and Auto Unlock Off completely

1 - 7 of 7 Posts