Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
What is ceramic coating compared to wax? Benefts/cost/etc?
Ceramic coating is about $2,000. It makes it so you don’t have to wax the car for 2-4 years depending on the coating. Wax works just as well and is great for folks who enjoy a wash and wax in the driveway. Wax can discolor unpainted plastics. Ceramic coating does not.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ceramic coating is about $2,000. It makes it so you don’t have to wax the car for 2-4 years depending on the coating. Wax works just as well and is great for folks who enjoy a wash and wax in the driveway. Wax can discolor unpainted plastics. Ceramic coating does not.
Considering wax is fairly trivial in cost by comparison, it would seem to be the better option for standard paint, but ceramic coating is better for vinyl wraps and such then?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Give this a read. Both are good and it is really a preference.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Give this a read. Both are good and it is really a preference.

Interesting, though very expensive lol

·
Registered
Audi S4 & H2 SX SE
63 Posts
I don't pay to have my ceramic coating done. I do it myself.I have done my wifes 14 C350, my S4 and previous 15 WRX myself. I buy the ceramic product via Autogeeks and do it myself . There is no way I am paying 2K to have it done lol. To date I have got a good 2 years out of the applications.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts