Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A: I will play Blue Monday by New Order or some Morrissey song, and order myself a large ice coffee from DnD sit back and just soak everything in and perhaps a 15-minute drive a night.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Drive to the detailer and get PPF on the front, rocker panels, and side mirrors then ceramic coat the whole car.

Good music choices by the way.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Do a through inspection making sure all charging cables, V to L adaptor, tyre repair kit, wheel nut security socket and all manuals are present. Then let wife drive me home.
That actually raises an interesting question: Do we know what the tire kit comes with? Tiny portable compressor mayhaps?

·
Registered
21 Posts
By now, they should just have facial recognition. Fingerprint on the handle, get in, and go!

Yes, I know how the fob works. It’s just funny to hear that some dealer is going to hand you “the keys”. My first car - a Chevy - actually did have two keys: one for the door and trunk and one for the ignition.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD Balance Vision
124 Posts
Read the complete manual, before you even open the car. I see too many people criticizing without knowing how to do it.

·
Registered
2017 VW Passat Estate Diesel (omg!)
95 Posts
Read the complete manual, before you even open the car. I see too many people criticizing without knowing how to do it.
True, but good design doesn't require a manual. I try things first, then when I'm done and have 100+ questions, i read the manual. Manuals are very hard to read if you haven't tinkered with the product yet :)

·
Registered
Ioniq Electric 38KWh
206 Posts
Drive to the detailer and get PPF on the front, rocker panels, and side mirrors then ceramic coat the whole car.

Good music choices by the way.
It would be interesting to see if the vegetable oil based paint holds up to having plastic film all over it.

I have never really understood the point of all this protective film stuff. Unless you are driving through a quarry everyday the manufacturer paint has always been good enough for me.

Sent from my M2002J9E using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD Balance Vision
124 Posts
True, but good design doesn't require a manual. I try things first, then when I'm done and have 100+ questions, i read the manual. Manuals are very hard to read if you haven't tinkered with the product yet :)
You are right, but I had a discussion with a french reviewer who criticised things on the Ioniq 5, without knowing is was possible to do. He told me the same, that it has to be intuitive, with no need of a manual. He admitted that if so many adjustments can be made, to allow you to have an individual car at your needs, that this advantage can become a disadvantage is you are not well informed how to do it.
You see, you can use cut and try to learn it, that’s OK as long that you can say I don’t know, but it is not OK if you criticise the car just because you don’t know. I see to much European tests like this. They are not prepared at all and test the car. For example a lot want to absolutely test the charge speed. Then they see that the 18 min from 20-80% is true, but that just above 80% the amps go very low and they criticise that, without knowing that you can adjust the max percentage of charge as well in DC as AC and that the standard setting is 80%.
European journalist has to look to video‘s of Asian petrolhead, this is an example of a well prepared reviewer.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt, reserved Ioniq 5
165 Posts
radyeab thanks. I learned something new. I did not realize the sealant has an expiration date. I need to check the one in my car.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It would be interesting to see if the vegetable oil based paint holds up to having plastic film all over it.

I have never really understood the point of all this protective film stuff. Unless you are driving through a quarry everyday the manufacturer paint has always been good enough for me.

Sent from my M2002J9E using Tapatalk
US roads aren’t in the best condition and aren’t often cleaned. Bits of rock flying around on the freeway is common.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts