Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq PHEV Style 🇪🇺🇪🇪
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was originally very happy with my 2020 PHEV but in the last 4 months (roughly after I passed 6400km) problems started piling up.
  1. 2 weeks ago, I woke up to the car with an empty 12V battery that wouldn't start. The car had been sitting in my garage for just 3 days, plugged in for the first 2. Pretty sure nothing was on.
  2. Last week, I was sitting in a parking garage, waiting (playing music and with the seat heating on), outside the hospital, because I had to. I left the EV motor on to avoid discharging the battery. When I drove off 1.5 hours later (<10% of the main battery was drained from this), while I was driving, the "Check Hybrid System" sign turned on. I forced the petrol engine on, sign stayed on. It was gone the next day. I blamed my unusual "leaving the engine on" from the previous day and forgot about it.
  3. Yesterday, again I woke up to the empty 12V battery. This time the car has been sitting for 2 days plugged in the whole time, and I am definitley sure nothing was on (lights etc.)
  4. This morning, I checked on the car to be safe. Now whole new problem - the car thinks the driver door is left open, when it's not. The car won't lock itself and a loud "open door" warning sound keeps ringing, making it impossible to drive anywhere. See picture.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Light

Full disclosure/context
  1. The car was serviced 2 months ago for changing the driver window which had a scratch. I saw on this post that door latches can cause the 12V battery drain... Wondering if the window replacement didn't mean they didn't put the door back correctly somehow starting this.
  2. I backed into a mast (at very low speed) about 2 weeks before these problems started. This made a small crack into the rear bumper but didn't touch any electronics (including the rear camera).
  3. The car has been due for yearly servicing for 10 days now - I will bring it to the dealer for this next week (they coudln't do this before as I need a replacement car and they don't have one until next week...).
Maybe the dealer will find a root cause, but as of now I feel either I got a lemon or the car's over-engineering means one small thing may be causing the whole car's electronics to malfunction... either way I'm very disappointed given how new the car is (and I was really enjoying it until then).

·
Registered
2018 Ioniq PHEV Exclusive
34 Posts
I am not sure what the problem for draining the battery could be but is your Battery Saver functionality turn on ?
It could save your 12v battery.
Also I think that replacement of window could be related to draining of 12v battery and from it - a lot different errors could appear (there are a lot of topics about it).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts