2020 Ioniq PHEV Style 🇪🇺🇪🇪
I was originally very happy with my 2020 PHEV but in the last 4 months (roughly after I passed 6400km) problems started piling up.
- 2 weeks ago, I woke up to the car with an empty 12V battery that wouldn't start. The car had been sitting in my garage for just 3 days, plugged in for the first 2. Pretty sure nothing was on.
- Last week, I was sitting in a parking garage, waiting (playing music and with the seat heating on), outside the hospital, because I had to. I left the EV motor on to avoid discharging the battery. When I drove off 1.5 hours later (<10% of the main battery was drained from this), while I was driving, the "Check Hybrid System" sign turned on. I forced the petrol engine on, sign stayed on. It was gone the next day. I blamed my unusual "leaving the engine on" from the previous day and forgot about it.
- Yesterday, again I woke up to the empty 12V battery. This time the car has been sitting for 2 days plugged in the whole time, and I am definitley sure nothing was on (lights etc.)
- This morning, I checked on the car to be safe. Now whole new problem - the car thinks the driver door is left open, when it's not. The car won't lock itself and a loud "open door" warning sound keeps ringing, making it impossible to drive anywhere. See picture.
- The car was serviced 2 months ago for changing the driver window which had a scratch. I saw on this post that door latches can cause the 12V battery drain... Wondering if the window replacement didn't mean they didn't put the door back correctly somehow starting this.
- I backed into a mast (at very low speed) about 2 weeks before these problems started. This made a small crack into the rear bumper but didn't touch any electronics (including the rear camera).
- The car has been due for yearly servicing for 10 days now - I will bring it to the dealer for this next week (they coudln't do this before as I need a replacement car and they don't have one until next week...).