Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Constantly getting this message when trying to do the update after downloading the files to my samsung 128gb USB pen drive using the Hyundai update downloader software on my Windows laptop. The update downloader software says the download process is complete but the car keeps saying this.

I have now downloaded the software twice to the same USB stick.

What, if anything, am I doing wrong??

Can someone with technical knowledge reply please.

I am following the update process instructions correctly as far as I can see, the USB pen drive is brand new and formatted to exFat. It really shouldn't be this difficult.

Font Technology Screenshot Multimedia Gadget

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sat Sri Akal Ji, I used 64gb formatted to FAT32 and have updated mine three times since delivery mid January. I did Nov 2021 version back in February and it took 55 mins. April 28th took over and hour and May 5 version took also about an hour.

You are doing everything right. There are some that seem to have this type of issue. USB thumb drives all come out of package formatted to extFAT. There is details on the information from Hyundai that instructs to format to FAT32.

Lets us know how you make out.

·
Registered
Digital Teal SE RWD Long Range
154 Posts
I was able to do mine with a 128gb stick and sent it directly to the USBand not the hard drive. Zero issues so you guys are probably right about confirming the format.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts