Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My camera isn’t working correctly. Usually when I back up a while turning, I see the solid yellow and red lines that are stationary and the blue guiding lines that are curving as you turn the vehicle.

The blue lines disappeared . The dealership is saying the 2018 never had the blue lines. We’ve had this car 3 years - uh, yeah it did! We need help in proving this. YouTube has nothing showing this on a 2018.

Are there other 2018 Ioniq blue owners who DO see these blue lines? If so, could you possibly help by sending a video showing your car (that’s it’s a 2018 blue also) and recording a very short video to show the blue guiding lines so we can take it to the dealer? Please let me know.

You wouldn’t even have to show your face or identify yourself in the video.

Thank you!

·
Registered
UK spec 2020 1st Edition in Polar White
537 Posts
Just thinking out loud here, have you recently updated the software to the late 2020 or early 2021 version? They changed just about everything and this may be one of the affected items.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Blue trim HEV
23 Posts
Can’t speak to the 2018 models, but my 2020 Blue trim shows the blue lines that are fixed outward behind the car (indicting path of car if no steering input is given), it has the outward yellow guiding lines that does curve when steering wheel is turned (indicating path of car with that particular amount of steering wheel input). It also has the red line near back of car that I assume if anything gets close to that line (it means time to stop backing up!).

From your explanation of problem, sounds like the computer system has stopped getting steering wheel input for display. Because the blue lines are covered by the yellow steering lines, UNTIL steering wheel is turned and yellow guiding lines curve, uncovering the blue fixed lines underneath.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Blue trim HEV
23 Posts
I don’t know if this will help you with dealer or not, but here’s a link to a Hyundai video of rear view camera dated Apr 30, 2018. It shows your 2018 doing the same as my 2020. You have to go to Youtube web site to see date posted below video, it didn't bring that forward when I linked it. But the infotainment center size, knobs and keys will identify it as a 2017 or 2018 car.

·
Registered
Iconiq plug In. Premium SE/ultimate 2019
225 Posts
A picture of my 2019 PHEV with steering turned to show blue line, if it’s any used to you,
17AEED58-FBA8-4A21-A104-8191848CEA74.jpeg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just thinking out loud here, have you recently updated the software to the late 2020 or early 2021 version? They changed just about everything and this may be one of the affected items.
A picture of my 2019 PHEV with steering turned to show blue line, if it’s any used to you, View attachment 34354
Thank you so much! I will use this to support my claim! After a LOT of YouTube digging, I was able to find one 2018 video that barely shows it (but it does) and a full 14 minute video of the 2017 that shows it as well!

I also found it in the car maintenance issue manual. We’re supposed to take thecar back into them Monday so I will show them all off this information, the pictures and videos. 😁

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have not had any software updates that I am aware of. The car won’t allow me to do the updates myself in the settings but I will bring this up to them on Monday. This is also a very good suggestion and point. Thank you! 😁

·
Registered
1 Posts
My camera isn’t working correctly. Usually when I back up a while turning, I see the solid yellow and red lines that are stationary and the blue guiding lines that are curving as you turn the vehicle.

The blue lines disappeared . The dealership is saying the 2018 never had the blue lines. We’ve had this car 3 years - uh, yeah it did! We need help in proving this. YouTube has nothing showing this on a 2018.

Are there other 2018 Ioniq blue owners who DO see these blue lines? If so, could you possibly help by sending a video showing your car (that’s it’s a 2018 blue also) and recording a very short video to show the blue guiding lines so we can take it to the dealer? Please let me know.

You wouldn’t even have to show your face or identify yourself in the video.

Thank you!
It was a problem with the radio, with reverse gear on radio mine went blank. Problem with power distribution from radio unit. Got replaced under warranty. Problem fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts