Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The contacts on my phone downloaded when I first set up the Bluetooth connection between the car and my phone, but now every time I connect I get a message that the contact list failed to download. Has anybody come across this or knows what the problem might be?

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
I've had it pop up once or twice but it was always followed by " contacts downloaded " a few seconds later . There was a recall for some of the media units for bluetooth issues maybe yours is one of the affected ones . Check in with the dealer is best

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have had this message several times. It's asks you whether you want to try again. Then I press "no" and go to the phone mode of the media unit and I do find all my contacts there. Happens mostly with my iPhone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It happens every time I get in the car. It's usually about a minute after I have started driving and although it's a minor thing it really irritates me as I then have to select yes or no to download the contacts again and trying to touch the screen in the right place while I am trying to concentrate on the road is a distraction. Is there one of the steering wheel controls that has a select function as an alternative to touching the screen?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The contacts on my phone downloaded when I first set up the Bluetooth connection between the car and my phone, but now every time I connect I get a message that the contact list failed to download. Has anybody come across this or knows what the problem might be?
I had the same problem. I drive a 2020 Ioniq hybrid SE. My phone is a samsung galaxy S9+. The solution: go to bluetooth...click on the name you have designated for your vehicle...click on the gear symbol...make sure you give permission to download contacts....that fixed the problem for me

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem. I drive a 2020 Ioniq hybrid SE. My phone is a samsung galaxy S9+. The solution: go to bluetooth...click on the name you have designated for your vehicle...click on the gear symbol...make sure you give permission to download contacts....that fixed the problem for me
Thanks, Kevin. I have an Android phone as well (motorola). In the above, it took me a minute to realize your instructions were for the phone and not the car, but I found the little check box on my phone that allows contact sharing. Fixed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This worked for me, thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts