Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
  • US ICCU Recall (aka 12V battery failure issue). Please use the following thread, this pertains to all eGMP models. Please do not create duplicate threads on this topic. Thread

Problem : Dealer not willing to share details of warranty work done on my 2017 Hybrid.

4K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  IoniqLeon 
#1 ·
I have had issues with my 2017 hybrid premium for nearly a month now .
Had check hybrid light with the ICE not turning on and then have had engine malfunction lights coming on afterwards.

I had made a thread with photos of the errors
Problem : suspected faulty wiring on my 2017 Hybrid Premium

Except for a less than 24 hour period ( collected the car , drive for a few miles the next day and the error happened again ) the car has been with the dealer for nearly a month.

This has been said to be due to faulty 12V battery/ sensor /software issues/sensor again! without any written information ( except for the 12V battery change for which I was charged )

Collected the car today after nearly a month of the initial issues and when I asked for details of what all had gone wrong ( car is a PCP coming to the end of the term and I was thinking of keeping it) , the dealer is refusing to share any information as its warranty work :unsure:

Is this correct ? This is my first new car ( one that has had a manufacturer warranty ) .
Is the dealer able to do this ? Am I not entitled to information on what all had gone wrong with the car and what has been fixed ??.

Living on a island does have its drawback of having only one dealer :(

See less See more
#2 ·
No, the dealer should provide a detailed invoice of the work performed. You should file a complaint with the regional service manager. I am sorry you are having these issues. I have found that some dealers are a real pain in the ass! Also from what I have read the early Ioniqs with replaceable batteries had some battery issues.

#4 ·
Apparently nothing to do with the owner.. I was told that they cannot share details of warranty work with anyone other than hyundai which does not make sense.

Does anyone know what the legal position in the UK is?

Technically since they have not charged me ( as it's in warranty ) and I have had to only pay for the 12V battery (not covered by hyundai warranty) are they able to do this?

The reason I was keen to see what the issue was is to decide whether to keep the car or give it back .

#7 ·
At the moment things are looking that way. My experience with the ioniq has not been great so far regarding the reliability.

I love the car and the features but its like Russian roulette on when it malfunctions. :(

I reckon that in the 3 years of ownership the car has spent almost 2 months under repair.

And even worse is the fact that the car has not even done 3000 miles so far :mad:

#9 ·
At the moment things are looking that way. My experience with the ioniq has not been great so far regarding the reliability.

I love the car and the features but its like Russian roulette on when it malfunctions. :(

I reckon that in the 3 years of ownership the car has spent almost 2 months under repair.

And even worse is the fact that the car has not even done 3000 miles so far :mad:
Holy crap, only 3,000 mi in two years. Mine does that every month. Maybe your car is punishing you for being left alone in the garage so much. ;) It's craving attention, even the negative attention of the maintenance shop. :D

#11 ·
not good, may be next one you should look at the EV, cheaper to run, no real chance of range issues on the island and no pesky ICE to go wrong :)

and only 3k miles should get a good PCP deal
I have been looking at the EV. One potential issue is that there is no plug in grant here which increases the list price by around 3k .

I am also looking at maybe trying to source a used EV from the UK ..

#13 ·
I know that the leaf is reliable but I hate the design of the old leaf. The new one seems okay.

Can stretch my budget to the Model 3 but again the issue is that there are no service facility here..

Still trying to get hold of a slightly used Ioniq EV.

2019 EVs seem to have dropped in price are the 2020 model was launched..

#16 · (Edited)
At 3000 miles in 2-3 years you could get away with using the "grannie" charger set to LOW and plugged into a normal fully checked out UK socket at night.

My new Preston dealer couldn't see what another dealer in Liverpool had done under warrenty. The upshot was that the Liverpool guys had done some work and it looked like Hyundai hadn't paid for it.
They were able and happy to tell me what they had done and the recalls/updates that had been done at all 3 garages.
12V battery warrenty is 2 years in UK but you should not have had to pay for something that didn't fix the fault.
I don't suppose you have the option to switch dealers? Any chance you could call say Just Hyundai in Preston and ask them what was done under warrenty... You are nearby (coming over) and need a service soon? Or just ring hyundai UK.

Edited for grammar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.