Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody ,
I've been viewing the forum with interest for a few months and find it a useful source of information . Initially I thought the Ioniq may be a little small for my needs but spotted one at my local dealership and found it larger than I expected .
I'm presently driving a Renault Kadjar so I'd be losing about 30 litres of boot space ,which I can live with . My Kadjar is a great car but I'm afraid "Renault After Sales Support " is a misnomer in my opinion . I've had enough of them now and hope to switch to Hyundai , finances permitting , as soon as possible .
Hope Hyundai Support is better . Feel free to express your views please 0:)

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
my dealer is very supportive, after sales have been great with my i20,

as with everything if you going screaming "the cars #*it" you will be treated far differently than if you go in saying "I appear to have a minor issue"

but if you look at some of the comments on Hyundai_UK's twitter feed with replies https://twitter.com/Hyundai_UK/with_replies you will get an idea of some of the dealerships to avoid for after sales as some chains seem to come up time and again (clue also is not just one brand sold by the chain that has issues)

at the end of the day you can still use one of the dealers that may not have the best reputation for aftersales to get the best deal on the car, then use a different dealership for service / aftersales support :)

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never have subscribed to the " throw your toys out of the pram " approach ,having found myself to be more helpful to reasonable customers . People who get in my face tend to turn me off . I think my local Hyundai dealership get pretty good reviews . It's just as well because the three nearest are all part of the same group . I've had dealings with their Vauxhall franchise before and they are good .
Thanks for that bluecar1

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
you'd be surprised how many time I have been in my dealer and seen people treat the service / after sales staff badly, as they expect every car to be perfect with no issues

when you consider how many parts, computers and sensors there are in a modern car which have to be used and abused by drivers of various ( and on occasions dubious) driving ability and road conditions, I would say most car manufacturers don't do a bad job on reliability

you are going to get the odd niggle, like my LKAS last week, but understanding the system, cleaning the sensors, got me back working and no need to visit my dealer, I informed my dealer via email so the fault is logged, they offered for me to take it in, I have said no at the moment unless I get a recurrence but that is why I use my dealer, they are happy to answer bits like that via email

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True all new cars will get problems , hopefully small ones . It's the ability of the manufacturer to deal with them is important . In my experience with Renault , that's not the case . Overall the Kadjar has been excellent . But , and it's a big but , their totally inability to find solutions to the bugs in software has been woeful .

·
Registered
169 Posts
As long as your dealership is a nice one with helpful people, they'll do their best to resolve any problems you may have. But sometimes even they can't help when the manufacturer hasn't released a resolution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts