Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on which petrol to use in the Hybrid ? . Does it benefit from using premium grades 97 or 99 RON ? With my last car I ran for a 1000 miles on standard and a 1000 miles on Premium and compared the results . I found the Premium marginally better though the extra fuel economy didn't justify the extra cost . Of course the Premium claims that it also keeps the engine cleaner

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd look up on how the prius handles premium fuel (the only other car I know with an Atkinson cycle engine that I can think of).

Based purely on hunch in guessing not, but happy to be proven otherwise.

·
Registered
66 Posts
After looking around the prius forums, premium really isn't recommended...
That is a wide reaching generalisation towards Atkinson cycle engines... but tough...as that's all we have to go on! Lol.

Wow BC, racking up those miles!

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
joys of my job, luckily I don't mind driving and don't suffer road rage in traffic

I now have a car with a lovely DAB radio so I don't have to keep finding new radio stations as I move out of the areas

I think my Ioniq may be one of the first to hit first service, still not got a definitive answer about service interval, as my car thinks 12,000 miles / 20,000km dealer thinks 10,000 miles

·
Registered
66 Posts
I imagine I would be hitting the time limit rather than the mileage marker as I only do between 8,000-10,000.
Any ideas of servicing costs yet/if the engine is belt or chain driven?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Engine is belt driven, however looked like a very short belt, but yes nevertheless it is a belt.
I would expect the belt to be changed like at 80 or 100Tkm, so should not be a big issue.

Servicing costs in Switzerland was said to be about 500 CHF. However, Switzerland is an expensive country. Service costs for my VW T5 Multivan were right around 900 CHF per service. So service costs will be going down for me.

·
Registered
359 Posts
The Engine is belt driven, however looked like a very short belt, but yes nevertheless it is a belt.
I would expect the belt to be changed like at 80 or 100Tkm, so should not be a big issue.

Servicing costs in Switzerland was said to be about 500 CHF. However, Switzerland is an expensive country. Service costs for my VW T5 Multivan were right around 900 CHF per service. So service costs will be going down for me.
It might help to start loooking for an independent shop that specializes in Korea cars, that's your best bet. Or at least a reputable shop that is known for servicing a wide range of vehicles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts