Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm deciding between a Leaf and Ioniq, and so far I like the Ioniq a lot better. One thing I'm trying to verify is whether the Bluelink will allow me to preheat and precool the car when it's not plugged in or scheduled, in other words can I just go to the app and tell the car to heat up when it's out in the parking lot at work? I've read through the forum a bit, but it seems to vary by year/trim/country, so I'm hoping someone with a 2020 SE in the US could verify this. I don't care about the power it will use since my commute is short and range isn't ever going to be an issue.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Electric
27 Posts
I have a 2020 in Canada, and yes you can. I suspect in the USA you will have the exact same support (or better) based on other experiences with new cars.

Keep in mind that the car only needs a moment to pre-heat or cool, so it’s unwise to set it and then sit inside and enjoy a coffee or something. You’re better off starting it within 2 minutes or so of heading out, to avoid wasting too much energy.

You can actually create “favourites” for different situations. I’ve got a summer one that’ll cool the car to 21 and a winter one that heats to 20, turns on the steering wheel and seat heaters.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Electric Preferred Iron Grey
12 Posts
I also have a 2020 Ioniq Electric in Canada, and yes again. I use this for my doggies on hot days. I just shut my car down, get out, lock it and whip out my phone to turn the climate back on (otherwise I'd have to leave my keys in my car).

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq PHEV
40 Posts
I also have a 2020 Ioniq Electric in Canada, and yes again. I use this for my doggies on hot days. I just shut my car down, get out, lock it and whip out my phone to turn the climate back on (otherwise I'd have to leave my keys in my car).
Will the EV AC run if you are plugged in to the charger? My PHEV will not AC when charging.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can confirm it does as well on level 3. The only difference is that whether the car is on, off or conditioning the battery coolant system will kick in as well.

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
47 Posts
Hi, I'm deciding between a Leaf and Ioniq, and so far I like the Ioniq a lot better. One thing I'm trying to verify is whether the Bluelink will allow me to preheat and precool the car when it's not plugged in or scheduled, in other words can I just go to the app and tell the car to heat up when it's out in the parking lot at work? I've read through the forum a bit, but it seems to vary by year/trim/country, so I'm hoping someone with a 2020 SE in the US could verify this. I don't care about the power it will use since my commute is short and range isn't ever going to be an issue.

Thanks!
Don't know about the 2020 but the MY19 needs the cable plugged in to preheat. Scheduled pre heat won't run unplugged.

The facelifted Leaf 40 will run pre heat to the schedule even unplugged, the older did not. Leaf got this App to start the pre heat but it's a hit and miss, rarely works and very slow.

My Ioniq 28kWh gets same range as the Leaf40, the 2020 Ioniq is in another lege, probably to compare with Leaf 62.

Leaf is a SUV like vehicle while the Ioniq is more of a sleek sedan. Good and bad with both. I prefer the sporty efficient look over the SUV or CUV concept.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, thanks for the info everyone. Hopefully the US version is similar to the Canadian one in this regard. Do you guys have the heat pump or the resistance heater?

I'm not familiar with the Leaf40, in the US the Leaf is quite similar to the Ioniq in size and styling. It is much more responsive, but the range and efficiency are quite a bit behind the Ioniq, and I thought the Ioniq was more comfortable overall. The main point I'm hung up on is that to get Blind Spot Warning and Rear X-Traffic alert on the Ioniq I have to step up to the limited, while the Leaf has these as standard. Also, only the Limited comes with the heat pump.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Trim levels is where ours differ from the US for sure. We have a heat pump and temp management system on both trims. I believe you have a lower trim leve we do not that our base trim Preffered is between your base and mid trim. Unless Limited is your top trim. Then perhaps the only difference is the heat pump.

At any rate, I have the Preferred (lower of the two trim levels) and do have the heat pump and lack many of the sensors. I only have front collision warning and pretty much nothing else even though there are cameras all over the thing for cruise control steering and reversing.

I also though I'd miss the cross traffic warnings from our 2019 Sante Fe, but the camera is so panoramic on the Ioniq I can see cross traffic while backing up even if I'm parked beside a huge truck. Plus you can hear more and visibility is better. For what it's worth I'd still rather have those sensors as it's saved my vegan bacon twice now on the Sante Fe. But that again is a larger vehicle with so-so reverse visibility.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts