Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have looked for a long time but haven't been able to find the right thread (if one exists) for this query.

I have the Ioniq EV, with the "Type 2" headlamp unit (Dual LED dipped beam).

I see the manual referring to positioning lights, but when I look at my own car it seems to be a light reflector attached on the inside of the headlamp assembly.

Can any Irish/UK EV owners help with this? (I know North America has different units in the front but if you know about it, be my guest!)

I've tried all the light configurations and still can't get any light to illuminate where the positioning light should be.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
Marina Blue HEV Ltd IONIQ from 25 Jul '17
1,860 Posts
If I'm understanding correctly, then I believe positioning lights in the UK are the same as parking lights in North America. In which case, it should be the third of the 4 notches on the on the light selector switch.
  1. Off or O
  2. Auto
  3. Parking or Positioning
  4. Main Low-Beam Headlamps
If you are referring to the vertical LED strips on the either side of the front bumper, these are actually the DRLs (Daytime Running Lights) and can only illuminated if the Parking Brake is disengaged; as for when their on without the parking brake, that varies from region to region. In US, they're only on during the day when the selector is set to Auto. In Canada, they'll be on in Off and Parking as well as Auto (during daylight). Not sure about the UK though, sorry. But the ultimate commonality between all regions is that the Parking Brake must not be engaged.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@ds093 Thanks for your response! I had another look at the car and still nothing happens when I have the eBrake disengaged on any of the settings, day or night. Its such a strange quirk! The third setting on my Ioniq turns on the tail lights and the 2 small white LEDs on the inside of the headlight (these are the same LEDs that are the indicators when the turn signal is active).

The DRLs are on always in Auto (unless eBrake is set or its night time) and will always be on in when the light stalk is set to O or off.

I'll keep an eye out and see if I can get to the bottom of it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So for anyone that cares....

I've had more of a look into this. Turns out the Positioning Lights on the Ireland/UK spec Ioniq are located inside the headlamp unit where the LED indicator is and not on the side of the unit as the online manual would suggest.

The "hard copy" of the user manual has the correct layout.

Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts