Votes: 29 21.5%
  • really don't like it,

Votes: 52 38.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
All manufacturers are fitting them in an attempt to bring the information tbereon nearer to driver eye level. It is probably mandated, although I am not sure if that is the case.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I prefer a flush dashboard with the media unit completely embeded and not sticking up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The whole central console just looks WRONG.

There seems to be a dial in the middle of the buttons just below the display replacing the two on each edge of the current version - more complex and more difficult use when driving. Air flow is probably too low and heating control unit seems to be rotated.

Really, it looks like a budge.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Like it or not, this is the only way to get a bigger display into ioniq (and other cars) without it beeing down by the floor of the car...

I like, that its a bigger display and maby better resolution (ppi)

I dont like that controlls now come as touch buttons, i like tactile buttons so i know that i've pushed it without looking.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The problem, apart from the screen (in a weird position), you can see there're no buttons for the climate control, everything seems tactil now and that's in my opinion a very big mistake

In the actual Ioniq the buttons are big and you can remember where they're easily, but not anymore with the new version.... the only big deal with that is the new firmware will be better with new options, new navigation system and maybe new functions

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I really like it. It looks more accessible and closer to the eye-line.
I hate it. The display already suffers from being blocked by bright sunlight and this just makes things ten times worse, especially for viewing the GPS.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
it looks kike a cheap last minute add on!
No doubt to become a target for assorted thievery from peasants who think it must be de-mountable...:mad:

I wonder how likely it is we can garner the name of the particular R&D cretin at Hyundai who thought this abortion was a good idea? So we can beat him to death with it when you miss the turning off the motorway...? :mad:

·
Registered
32 Posts
To me, it looks like an invitation for someone to break into the car, thinking it is just a mounted tablet. Of course when they try to remove it, it will destroy the dash, so broken window + dash replacement - lots of fun - I will pass

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
No doubt to become a target for assorted thievery from peasants who think it must be de-mountable...:mad:
Or some unwitting flatfoot who'll stop you for distracted driving, believing you're using a hand-held device.

I did actually see a video, somewhere, of a Tesla owner who was stopped for this very reason and he had to explain to the cop that it was physically part of the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I do like them bigger, and it's not in the way any more than the steering wheel is.

And the original design does have a stupid amount of buttons.

It also might be less susceptible to being affected by the heating.

But I don't actually need it changed, so I'd have to see it in action.

·
Registered
510 Posts
The only thing I want as an upgrade from my 2018 Ioniq BEV is the updated speedometer cluster. Nothing else I've seen is a must have upgrade, especially the large center console LCD screen.

The HVAC controls switching from traditional buttons and dials to now touch buttons is a massive blunder IMO. Traditional is more functional in every way.

IMO Hyundai made the exterior styling worse with those patterns and the interior worse.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
The HVAC controls switching from traditional buttons and dials to now touch buttons is a massive blunder IMO. Traditional is more functional in every way.
Yeah, to me tactile controls would seem to be safer as you can adjust them without looking at them most times. Trying to adjust controls on a touchscreen, to me, requires more concentration diverted from actual driving.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
About this Discussion
60 Replies
43 Participants
ALGHC
Hyundai IONIQ Forum
A community of Hyundai Ioniq enthusiasts discussing the electric acceleration & reliability of the Hyundai ioniq hybrid.
Full Forum Listing