Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charged my car last night, or thought I had, only to find that the battery was low. This has caused me to use that expensive stuff to get to work and back. On plugging in the car this afternoon, there are no blue lights flashing on top of the dash and no estimated time to fully charged on the instrument cluster, although the connected light is lit. On the Pod-point itself the blue LED is lit but every now and then it flashes purple. Not very impressed!

The "Emergency" charger works fine.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Suggest you contact pod-point, their support for me has been very good. Blue with purple means the unit has been disconnected after a charge.

For my lockable sequence is flashing yellow waiting, solid blue ready, solid green charging, flashing green finished, blue/purple disconnected.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Contacted Pod-point and they are going to contact me tomorrow or Tuesday to arrange a visit. Came out with the old one 'have you tried turning it off and back on again'. All customer services seems to suggest that one!

Has anyone else had unreliable chargers of any make I wonder?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
You do know you can plug the charger into a standard mains socket? Wont be as fast as a Pod-Point - but it is a way to charge the car.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We’ll have you tried turning off and back on. It fixed my pod point when it was showing a steady white led
I did try turning it off and back on again, but that didn't solve it. Pod-point have emailed me to say they've updated the firmware and asked me to try and see if this fixed it. Will have to wait until tomorrow morning though.

·
Registered
494 Posts
That's interesting, I thought the unit only transmitted data to pod-point and not that the unit could receive data. You ought to be able to a test without connecting to the car if you wish. From what you say you ought now to get a steady blue ie live and waiting to connect and not blue/purple.

Let us know how you get on whenever you choose to do it :). As I said I have found their support prompt and caring.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
An update about my POD-Point. Have tried it since the firmware update and it is working correctly.

Just a thought. If they can access the POD-Point remotely, surely they would have access to the owners local network through it? Could this be a major home network security issue? Call me paranoid, but I take security seriously. I am not suggesting for one minute that POD-Point would access anyone's network for any reason other than that intended, but if someone hacks POD-Point, then the whole network could be compromised. Any views on this?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
all depends on how they access the charger

is it a pull update from the charger ?

or is it a push update from pod point ?

pull update should be fairly safe, especially if its over a vpn
Wouldn't have a clue. What I have done is create a guest network and blocked local access on it. That way it has access to the Internet and that's all. Probably over the top, but makes me feel better. Haha.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Nice solution. Some home routers can setup these guest networks for public use. This is were I put my charger, television and solar converter for internet access to keep it off my local network. Just because I don't know how and were to/from connections are build up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts