Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Pod Point was installed today. Very tidy, no surface wiring but it is within about 3 feet of the outside electric meter enclosure. The unit has initialised successfully and is talking via Wi-Fi - not sure who to though!

Downside nothing to plug it into until June / July. :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome to the club :)

I got mine installed last week and like you said the installer did a really good professional job. Like you I don't have a car to try it on yet but hopefully will have by the end of this month - Yey!

The installer told me there was no need to connect to wi-fi unless the unit is giving problems as then Pod Point can do some remote diagnostic stuff but I must confess I am tempted to connect it anyway to see if does anything other than report back it's status.

Like others have said it has been so long since my test drive I think I have forgotten what the car is like to drive!

I found the wait for my car was more bearable when I followed the ship tracking thread ;-)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Wtf is a pod point??do you mean charging point?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Oooh ya! Duh! I remember now., that was the company recommended to me when I was looking at an EV...
Sorry.. 2 weeks of booze and sunshine and my brain is fried.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
How much was it out of curiosity.. for install?

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Oooh ya! Duh! I remember now., that was the company recommended to me when I was looking at an EV...
Sorry.. 2 weeks of booze and sunshine and my brain is fried.
Only the sunshine has changed then ? ;) ...Welcome home ,Tess

·
Registered
48 Posts
In Scotland, thanks to the subsidies, the 7KW Pod Point installation was free.

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
It is advertised here fully installed 3.7 kW as £279 and 7 kW as £359 (with the £500 OLEV grant).

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Good to know..

And no, sorry guys, îm not a huge drinker., I have other indulgences.. I spent most of the hols on a beach, or taking the cactus on roads no car should ever drive on. I'm a bit of an explorer when I go abroad ;) but evening de were full of food and drink and a lot more than I'm used to when home!

Nice to see how much I was missed ;) <3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts