Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
It is 2 days now that my car stops charging at 50% or 80%, when the Hyundai portable charger stops due to high-temperature protection.
After waiting some time, I disconnect the charger and reconnect and it works again.

I have the car since December 2019. I mostly use the electric mode with the portable charger every day.

The outside temperature is not so hot - 80 - 90 deg F

What do you think?
Do you think it can come from the charger because I have used it too much? Or the temperature sensor is too sensitive?

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hello,
It is 2 days now that my car stops charging at 50% or 80%, when the Hyundai portable charger stops due to high-temperature protection.
After waiting some time, I disconnect the charger and reconnect and it works again.

I have the car since December 2019. I mostly use the electric mode with the portable charger every day.

The outside temperature is not so hot - 80 - 90 deg F

What do you think?
Do you think it can come from the charger because I have used it too much? Or the temperature sensor is too sensitive?

Thank you for your help.
First thing I would do is try plugging the charger into a different outlet preferably at another location, properly rated at at least 15 amp continuous and ground fault protected. This will indicate whether the problem lies with the supply/socket or the charger/car.

·
Super Moderator
8,169 Posts
i was reading somewhere there is a temperature sensor in the plug (wall socket end not car) of the granny charger

next time it cuts out check the temp of that plug

if its hot it may indicate a problem with the socket its plugged into

·
Registered
387 Posts
I would get an electrician to check the socket you are using. Swap to another socket as above too. I suspect the heat sensor is not over sensitive. The plug will probably be cold by the time you realise it has stopped charging.

In the mean time try reducing the charge current by pressing the black button on the rear of the to low or medium, so you at least get a full charge.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,
Thank you all for your answer.
1/ For the moment I can try another outlet. But it works very wells for the last 3 months.
2/ I will press the black button and see what's happen.

But for the moment, my car is tested to the dealership, so I will let you know.
Again thanks for your support.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts