Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
  • Question of The Week Is LIVE In The Off-Topic Section!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased used ioniq plug in 2018 but when I charge it for full it gives me it is walking for 27 km and I know according to the average it is supposed to walk about 50 km. What could be the reasons

·
Registered
156 Posts
I purchased used Ioniq plugin 2018 but when I charge it to full it gives me it is walking for 27 km and I know according to the average it is supposed to walk about 50 km. What could be the reasons
Welcome to the forum Ahmad Quraan!
I had the same problem with my 2018 PHEV when it was new. You must take it back to a Dealership where they can correct it to give you 47 km range when fully charged.
?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ahmad Quraan, please left- mouse- click on your photo in the right top corner of the page then scroll down to the word SIGNATURE and left-click on that. If you are willing please fill in some information about what country you live in and what model and year your car is and perhaps the mileage when you purchased it used. This information will help other forum members to help you with any other questions.
?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yes, welcome @Ahmad quraan and congratulations on your new-to-you Ioniq PHEV!

Lots of answers here on the Forum since we are all discovering more about our Ioniqs all the time.

Hopefully your dealer will have your range sorted out soon and you'll be able to enjoy your new car even more! :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Are you sure about the 27 km .... Mine shows 63 km when battery is charged. But I see other member whose dash is in miles get 27-29 miles when charged. I'm sorry for the stupid question, but are you sure your dash is set to kilometers?

·
Registered
519 Posts
FWIW my 2019 PHEV display shows a full charge of 47 km like @bluioniq mostly. (approx. 29 US miles)
In real life, I have actually gotten a bit more or less at times.

Reactions: bluioniq

·
Registered
335 Posts
The guess-o-meter in the PHEV is in many cases pretty useless. It starts from a pre-programmed value which has nothing to do with reality, but is different in different countries based on the local driving cycle used for testing the car. In the EU, the NEDC range is 63 km which is only possible with a very defensive driving style at slow speeds.

In other parts of the world, the guess-o-meter may show a more realistic value.

If it only reads 27 km when fully charged, it's due to a software bug which can be corrected by your dealer. What's more important is of course the real battery range. If you can only drive 27 km before the combustion engine kicks in, that would suggest some very serious battery degradation, which - as far as I know - we haven't seen yet on any Ioniq.

·
Registered
614 Posts
In warm weather mine shows 47 km when I start off in the mornings, which was fairly accurate for my cross-city commute. Now in winter it's been showing 44 km in the morning, which is ironic because I actually get more 'electric' range in winter than summer due to the ICE idling for heat, which contributes approximately 2.5 kW of electricity at idle.

·
Registered
156 Posts
In warm weather, mine shows 47 km when I start off in the mornings, which was fairly accurate for my cross-city commute. Now in winter, it's been showing 44 km in the morning, which is ironic because I actually get more 'electric' range in winter than summer due to the ICE idling for heat, which contributes approximately 2.5 kW of electricity at idle.
Thanks for that KevinT.
In 48 years of automobile ownership, I have never found any vehicle as interesting or engaging as this one!
We may find some niggling little faults in the design and execution but I can still say well done Hyundai!

?

Reactions: 1stEV and KevinT

·
Registered
7 Posts
In warm weather mine shows 47 km when I start off in the mornings, which was fairly accurate for my cross-city commute. Now in winter it's been showing 44 km in the morning, which is ironic because I actually get more 'electric' range in winter than summer due to the ICE idling for heat, which contributes approximately 2.5 kW of electricity at idle.
47km? Mine shows me 63km and in fact it is about right. Distance between work and home 29km (one direction). Start in the middle of city, then autobahn, then back into city center. I charge it only once per day. I think rest of charge goes to supply other power consumers (wheel heating, radio, etc)

·
Registered
614 Posts
I only got mine at the end of August and the weather went almost straight from requiring A/C to requiring heat, so I didn't get to experience many economical driving days. I know I got over 50 km on multiple occasions, but I forget just how much more and the GOM has never showed more than 47 km. I think it may be artificially limited in North America to max out at the EPA range. It will be good to re-acquaint myself with pure EV driving when the warmer weather comes, but for now I'm enjoying the 400 km round trips to the ski hills on weekends. They're the reason I got the PHEV instead of the BEV.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi my old Ioniq PHEV gave me between 6 to 7.2 km per kwh. I had range of about 48 km on charge.I found that if you used hybrid mode up hill and above 70kmh you could save power for driving in town and heavy traffic.If you drive above 70kmh range will drop 30 km on ev only.Driving in wet and on cold days cuts range. PHEV was still lot better ice cars.I now have the 38kwh Ioniq ev but hills and speed still kill the battery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi my old Ioniq PHEV gave me between 6 to 7.2 km per kwh. I had range of about 48 km on charge.I found that if you used hybrid mode up hill and above 70kmh you could save power for driving in town and heavy traffic.If you drive above 70kmh range will drop 30 km on ev only.Driving in wet and on cold days cuts range. PHEV was still lot better ice cars.I now have the 38kwh Ioniq ev but hills and speed still kill the battery.
I believe something was wrong with your old PHEV. Can't imagine that IONIQ might drive only 30km in EV mode if you drive faster than 70kmh

·
Registered
17 Posts
I regularly get 60+ km on mine in moderate weather, though the driving speeds here are fairly low, mostly around 60-90 kmph.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I regularly get 60+ km on mine in moderate weather, though the driving speeds here are fairly low, mostly around 60-90 kmph.
What is considered moderate weather in Korea?
Right now when I drive the PHEV, I get around 55-57km on a charge every time. Ambient temperature is around 0° C and driving speeds 50-80 km/h mostly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Moderate weather for me is in the 10-20 C range, where I don't need any use of the AC or heater. Around the 63-67th km or so it switches to hybrid mode. We do have a lot of slopes here and there are a couple different parts to my trip where I make use of the regen breaking and recoup up to 3-4%, probably about 7% total if I add each of those up. One route allows me to put it from 17-21% on one particular slope.

What is considered moderate weather in Korea?
Right now when I drive the PHEV, I get around 55-57km on a charge every time. Ambient temperature is around 0° C and driving speeds 50-80 km/h mostly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts