Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt, reserved Ioniq 5
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen information on the ability of the Ioniq 5 to have plug and charge like the Tesla does. Reference ISO 15118 specification.

In the US most cars have Homelink built in to allow the garage door to be remotely opened. I have not seen anything on this in the Ioniq 5 videos. Has anyone seen it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have seen that Ioniq 5 will have plug and charge. Also saw where the blue link will allow you to pay for things like fast-food just with the Ioniq5. No need to even reach out a credit card. Not sure if that's live yet though, but sounds like hardware is built in.

·
Registered
MY20 Kona Highlander electric
227 Posts
I’ve seen this which suggests that plug & charge will eventually come through Hyundai Bluelink. Presume it will be ISO 15118 compliant, but can’t confirm it yet.
“When the vehicle comes to North America in fall 2021, the payments system will launch with Dominoes, ParkWhiz and Chargehub”
AND
“ The in-car payments system will eventually expand to include other companies that fall into the charging, food and coffee on-the-go and parking categories. A company spokesperson said Hyundai will continue to add new merchants regularly via the Xevo Marketplace platform.”

Ive seen Hyundai instructions on how to program garage door opening using homelink. I would presume they would work for Ioniq 5, but can’t confirm.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ioniq 5 (2021) compatible ISO Plug & Charge (ISO 15118) ? Thanks for the topic. This could be one of the conditions to access the Tesla superchargers? (see article above)

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
“ The in-car payments system will eventually expand to include other companies that fall into the charging, food and coffee on-the-go and parking categories.
Note: Hyundai is monetizing the in-car payment system to sell your info to data aggregators. I’ll probably switch it off if I can.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD Balance Vision
211 Posts
Has anyone seen information on the ability of the Ioniq 5 to have plug and charge like the Tesla does. Reference ISO 15118 specification.

In the US most cars have Homelink built in to allow the garage door to be remotely opened. I have not seen anything on this in the Ioniq 5 videos. Has anyone seen it?
I don't know if this link helps you?

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD Balance Vision
211 Posts
I have Apple products, so I think I can use Apple CarPlay and manage Apple Homekit to open my garage door.

·
Registered
227 Posts
With HomeKit you can also set up a geofence to make it automatically open for you.
Agree there are many ways to open garage doors, but main advantage of plug & charge is pulling up to a public charger, plugging in & walking away. The car & charger then automatically charge your battery (to your pre-set specifications) & debit your account without physical intervention (other than physically plugging in the cable of course).
That said, making it easier to buy a regular order of McDonald’s junk food might be a reason not to get it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Again, is the Ioniq 5 compliant plug and charge like the Tesla does ? Reference ISO 15118 specification. Would it be able to use Tesla superchargers?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Again, is the Ioniq 5 compliant plug and charge like the Tesla does ? Reference ISO 15118 specification. Would it be able to use Tesla superchargers?
From what I’ve read, not yet. Not sure Hyundai is ISO 15118 compliant. Nor how cooperative Tesla will be.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts