Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you ever find yourself guessing what particular Ioniq model or trim another member is requesting help with or do you just not bother responding?

I wonder why some members haven't chosen to simply add a Signature describing their specific Ioniq model & trim level to make it easier for the rest of us to provide better help for them now and in the future?

Particularly since many threads are not model specific.

Perhaps it's one or more of the following reasons...

1) They're an extremely private person and they feel this is yet another Internet invasion of privacy.
2) They're a bit embarrassed because their Ioniq is older or a more basic model than others.
3) They have no real reason, they simply haven't gotten to it yet.
4) It's against their cultural or religious belief.
5) They don't know how to do this.

For those of you who answer yes to #3) or #5) here are the simple steps to adding a Signature....

A) Click on your square Avatar near the upper right-hand corner of any page. Every member is assigned a basic Avatar with their screen name initial.

B) Next click “Account Settings” from the drop down menu.

C) From this “Account details” page you can add or modify personal details. For now, select/click “Signature” for this purpose.

D) Now you can enter any particular Signature information you choose in the text editor and finally click Save.

Since you're here in Account Settings anyway and on a roll, consider adding your general geographic location to your Profile as well or even add a photo for your Avatar.

I apologize in advance to our generous Moderators, should they consider me over-stepping my boundaries on this one. 🙏

·
Registered
687 Posts
Totally agreed, I have more than a dozen time asking these questions; “Where are you?” “What ioniq do you have?” So, Please help us better help you, put your information in your signature.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
139 Posts
I haven't done it yet because just as Blue or SEL or tech package or Plus means nothing to me, so our European Trend and Style levels wouldn't mean anything to USA/Canada members.

PS. Anyway I added mine too...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't done it yet because just as Blue or SEL or tech package or Plus means nothing to me, so our European Trend and Style levels wouldn't mean anything to USA/Canada members.

PS. Anyway I added mine too...
Thanks @lonko and no worries! I hear you, however your details will matter to some and that is enough IMHO. (y)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree completely with the direction of this thread. 1stEV and Ionko are correct in their comments.

While the whole world can join in on topics such as fuel economy and the effects of climate on mpg (US/UK) or l/km, there are often more mundain things that are country specific such as changes to local tax laws, City congestion charging or even where to by the best value floor mats/roof bars/ replacement head lamp bulbs. In the last set of circumstances, there is little point in a member from Vancouver replying to one from Cornwall asking if anyone knows a good local wheel refurbisher! But someone from the next town just might if they know where the OP is based.

Just my thoughts and as the saying goes, 'You can't please all of the people all of the time'

·
Registered
719 Posts
The national flag displayed is not always correct either! I live in Cyprus as shown in my signature, but the flag shows me as in the UK. This is because I opperate through a VPN and demonstrates the importance, in order to get relevant answers, of putting full location and model details in the signature block. I wish all members would do this as it wpuld make life much easier for all. Personally I choose not to respond to questions from members where this information is not shown.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The national flag displayed is not always correct either! I live in Cyprus as shown in my signature, but the flag shows me as in the UK. This is because I opperate through a VPN and demonstrates the importance, in order to get relevant answers, of putting full location and model details in the signature block. I wish all members would do this as it wpuld make life much easier for all. Personally I choose not to respond to questions from members where this information is not shown.
Thanks for your input @chui and I agree with you. I'm sometimes reluctant to respond to members without this information too, which is unfortunate for all concerned IMHO.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I only sign up and use a forum through Tapatalk, I’d never go on the site, so just isn’t possible to enter those details when using the app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I only sign up and use a forum through Tapatalk, I’d never go on the site, so just isn’t possible to enter those details when using the app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for your input @Bodgerx, I'm sure there are many others who feel the same as you.

However, your details really do help and will save you time in the future not having to clarify your Ioniq model each time you post, as well as encourage more responses to questions you will certainly have when that shiny new 2020 EV you have on order finally arrives.

Your new Ioniq will be an EV, correct? :unsure:

But you see, I had to take the time to search your Profile to semi-confirm this information, which takes my time, right? ;)

Enjoy your remaining "anticipation period" waiting for your delivery by continuing to explore the Forum in whatever manner you choose.

Cheers!

PS Believe it or not, I'd rather not be a policeman of this Forum, but I do feel good that there are many more new Signatures than before I originally posted this not unreasonable request. 🙏

·
Registered
284 Posts
What I don't understand is that some new members are very keen to tell their trim level, but leave out the much more important information of powertrain ("plain" hybrid, plug-in hybrid or electric) and country.

Trim levels can in some cases be important, so I'm not saying that they should be left out. But their designations are often confusing because they are named differently in different countries.

For example, what does "Limited" mean? Is that a car with only a limited set of features, or is it a car that's exclusive because it has only been manufactured in a limited run? Or perhaps, even a company car in the UK?

What does "Blue" mean? Is that the basic trim, or is it a car that's only available with a blue body paint?

In Sweden the basic trim is currently called "Trend" which is just as non-descriptive...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Going slightly off topic but whilst mentioning simple ways of improving the forum I think it would be particularly appropriate for some threads to mention the Country of origin in their title since it would tend to indicate whether you were likely to be able to make a valid contribution. In my case sometimes I would want to skip North American issues like cargo covers, lemon laws and state incentives for example and concentrate on topics nearer home. (There are Regional Forums but they are seldom used with not surprisingly Model Forums being used instead).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts