Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice day for a trade-in, driving very carefully in the Yaris to the dealer, a bad moment to trash it, drive back in the Ioniq even more carefully, we do not want any scratches on the new car. The conditions were somewhat problematic, snow and icy rain, speedlimit 50 km on the highway, but that did not hold us back, even on summer tires. We will give it a good drive tomorrow. I posted the picture from the car at the dealership, it doesn't look this clean anymore. :crying:

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
I posted the picture from the car at the dealership, it doesn't look this clean anymore. :crying:

time to get out the bucket then and give it a wash, got to do mine today or tomorrow, luckily blue don't show the dirt quite as much as white :)

you soon learn to keep the front sensors behind the badge, the screen clean for the LKAS sensors at the top of the screen and the reversing camera at the back clean :)

the rest can wait :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Excellent. Can't wait to get mine. Whilst mine is leased I have never had a new new car before.

I assume the imotion is the level of spec?

What is that the equivalent to? SE, premium or premium se?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went for a longer ride today, the roads were in good shape today, no more snow and a temperature of about 6 degrees. I have been drivin on a mix of 100 km roads, 80 km, 60 and 30 max speed. What struck me is that the battery is kept fuller then I would have expected, never saw the level lower than 40%, maybe that will change or I looked at the wrong times. Also I noticed a little shiver in the car when the car goes into ev mode. I am aware that I was comparing the car with the Yaris, but still. On the other hand the Yaris does not even come close to the Ioniq. The car is silent, comfortable, far more powerfull and has a classy feeling, an most important, I feel safe in the car, no buyers remorse what so ever.

As far as the question about the specs, this is the cheapest level, so no entertainment/navigation, no leather etc, but it has a light sensor, lane keep assistence, active cruise control/limiter, DAB+. I guess this compares to the SE. If you want I could translate the list from the Dutch website.

One last remark, the driving range is a little over 1000 km at this time, that might change since the average consumption is about 17 liters per km, with a total of 100 km on the clock. That should get a lot better in the coming days.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Driving the IONIQ HEV nearly a month now.
If you get to know your car you should be able to feel and hear anything the car does, so I too feel the gear changes and ICE to EV (vv) changes. I fact, when driving at local roads (50-90km/h), I accelerate to the desired speed, hold back the throttle a bit and wait for it to change to EV mode and maintain speed.
But when I'm a passenger (all friends and family want to try it), I do not feel the gear or EV changes. I have to watch the display to see what the driver and car are doing.

Bramborambo, i'm coming from a Yaris hybrid also, and thinking a CVT might be slightly more luxurious with easy driving in town at max 50km/h, but the second you accelerate to the highway our IONIQ's 6 speed DCT is superior! Speed and engine sound are in harmony, no over-revving engine!
The IONIQ is far better, looks a lot better, less noise, etc. etc. It is heavier than the Yaris but the fuel consumption is the same or better!
I wish you a good new year and lots of fun driving your new IONIQ!

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
" I accelerate to the desired speed, hold back the throttle a bit and wait for it to change to EV mode and maintain speed "
Exactly the way I drive mine , the car travels farther on EV than I expected

1 - 7 of 7 Posts