Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Ioniq premium in marina blue today

I was the first actual hand over of an Ioniq for my dealer, I got the full treatment of the car under a sheet for a proper reveal of the car

nice touch, first impression very happy with the car, now to wait and see if it lives up to the promise of 83 mpg, but that is my goal to achieve

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sweet ! We can finally see some real-world, un-fabricated numbers !

And congratulations btw ;)

Need impressions on everything, infotainment, ride quality, the works :D

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet ! We can finally see some real-world, un-fabricated numbers !

And congratulations btw ;)

Need impressions on everything, infotainment, ride quality, the works :D

you don't want a lot do you :p

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do love the way it pricks its ears up when you approach the car :)

when you approach the car and it senses the key, the mirrors fold out, just like an eager pet pricking its ear up when you say "here boy"

just makes you want to take I out for some exercise :)

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
working my way through the manuals, I like the 40 page "quick reference guide"

40 pages of the most useful information in a small booklet, inside front is a image of the console with the relevant page references

pretty much you don't need the other big manual

one thing that is a warning is not to put anything on the charging pad like bank cards (may wipe themag strip or damage them) or keys etc

·
Registered
260 Posts
Congratulations! Is the premium the top level in the UK? Does it have all the driver aids and 17" wheels?

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
premium is the mid range, 15" wheels

premium SE is top of the range, but none of the extras on that I consider necessary for the additonal cost

the SE is the base model, but no HID headlights, sat nav, wireless charging etc so can't see many of them selling

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
first top up

I have topped the tank off ready for the week,

done 91 miles,using all of 7.07ltrs, all short runs longest was about 10 miles, playing a couple of times in sports mode and still got 52mpg,

I am mildly impressed, my i20 would have struggled to get 40mpg

I have been told straight to Birmingham tomorrow so will be first long run tomorrow and see how the hybrid works at 60mph

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
steady 60mph, 195 miles to brum, 76mpg (63mpg US):eek:

was on EV a fair bit at 60mph as well

only thing is it appears the lane keep assist failed on the M6, i got "check lane keep assist" on dash, and the system disengaged

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mpg this morning after 190 miles, not even a 1/4 of a tank used :)

only thing i notice, the range remaining i think only take petrol into consideration, not you mpg to date on the tank

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks for the mpg reports. They may improve as the engine breaks in, but still 63mpg @ 60mph is outstanding. Have you tried the ECO-DAS function? I have not read that part of the manual yet but my understanding is that you program a destination into the GPS and ECO-DAS fine-tunes traction battery charging and discharging according to terrain on your route.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the car had 930 miles on it when I picked it up friday, now around 1300,

my i20 improved for nearly 20000 miles before settling, in that time it rose nearly 10mpg / 20%, that would be fantastic in the Ioniq, that would take it to 85-90 mpg :)

I have not found the ECO-DAS settings in the menus or in the manuals, will have to resort to RTFM for it again, unless it is the default for navigation, as some times it does seem to charge the battery more before using it

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
627 miles, 39.51ltr 72.1mpg (calculated)

so 83.1 is not far out, the car seems to be more economic at 60mph rather than 56mph

also happier / more econic on a road with ups and downs rather than perfectly flat

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice looking car! I ordered a Premium SE Hybrid in the same colour. The dealer estimated mid to late January for delivery. Regarding the wireless charging pad, I read in the manual (downloaded) that the charging pad can be disabled in the user settings. Manual page 3-77. I'm not sure if that would make it safe to put credit cards, etc on.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yep, there is an option to disable the wireless charging, but my phone has wireless charging and it is so convienient just drop it in the space job done, should make it safe if you turn it off

there are a lot of options, as std you get a notification if you turn your lights or wipers on / off, these can be disabled,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts