Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Big enough yes. But an iPhone doesn't have wireless charging ability so you will still have to plug in.

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
So much for the thin and light phone! Frankly, I'd rather plug in anyway. Bluetooth audio is seldom as good and can be flaky.

·
Registered
72 Posts
....plus by plugging it in you get Apple Car Play which is quite good in my view, and until I turned the wireless charging function off it was making my phone red hot after a long drive. Would definitely recommend doing that if you aren't using it eg on an iPhone. My only annoyance is that you have to toggle the personal hotspot off and on again every time you get in the car in order to also connect wirelessly to get the live traffic. I do find it odd that you are plugged in but you still have to connect wirelessly via personal hotspot at the same time. Probably an Apple thing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The phone needs to be qi (?) equipped and I can report that my wife's 6 isn't so we'll keep a lightning cable in the car.

·
Registered
843 Posts
My iPhone 6S wireless charging case adds very little bulk to the phone, protects it, and works a treat.
I have wireless charging pads both at home and at work, and quite frankly it will be a pain to unplug the case (although it can be unplugged without removing the case itself) to plug in a cable.

I shall be making full use of the Ioniq's charging feature.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am the same as Alien-S. I have the wireless charging case. It does get more awkward than I'm sure it needs to be when I want to use Apple CarPlay.....

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I thought iPhone 7 had wireless charging? I just got mine but haven't tried it in the car yet.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have iPhone 7. Defo no wireless charging without addditional tech.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Welllll that's just great!was planning on using it today since I forgot my charger at home and my phones flat..

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I do find it odd that you are plugged in but you still have to connect wirelessly via personal hotspot at the same time. Probably an Apple thing.
Whoa, really? What doesn't work if hotspot is not on?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Welllll that's just great!was planning on using it today since I forgot my charger at home and my phones flat..
Whilst I love the ecosystem apple have made, their tech is not the most cutting edge.

Reactions: TKGDee

·
Registered
843 Posts
Whilst I love the ecosystem apple have made, their tech is not the most cutting edge.
With apple it's probably because they couldn't patent it.

But my 2yr old Macbook Pro still runs rings around any Windows laptop I have ever used or sold to a customer...;)

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Ya they've got me by the .. well whatever my equivalent is... because I went ipad, iPhone, iWatch, iTunes, etc etc so switching to say google phone now would mean I lose access to my iCloud, iTunes stuff I've bought.. that and I hate relearning How to use a new OS..

·
Registered
278 Posts
With apple it's probably because they couldn't patent it.

But my 2yr old Macbook Pro still runs rings around any Windows laptop I have ever used or sold to a customer...;)
Loads of people say that. I have iPads iPhone etc and love them. But when it comes to "proper" computers, Apple OS scares the bejeebus out of me.

·
Registered
843 Posts
But when it comes to "proper" computers, Apple OS scares the bejeebus out of me.
It doesn't have a registry... and that's why they don't creak and groan like MS' 'new and improved' Windows 95™ (aka every flavour of Windoze ever since) :p

1 - 20 of 44 Posts