Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been answered before - have searched and unable to find anything.
We have the Ioniq PHEV 2019 Premium (in the UK)
Have really enjoyed it so far. However we have an issue where the battery won't charge at all.
I have tested this with our Pod Point home charger and with a public one as well.
A few seconds after plugging in, all 3 charging lights on the dash flash at once, 3 times, then go off, and nothing happens at all, no charging, no other warning.
Have tried anything I can think of to change the settings etc but no cigar.

Just wanted to ask if anybody knew of this was one and any potential solutions, hoping to avoid taking to garage if possible!
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Premium SE PHEV
225 Posts
My understanding is if all 3 blue lights stay on then the battery is fully charged. If they flash like yours then there is "an error whilst charging"

·
Registered
2018 Ioniq PHEV Exclusive
28 Posts
I guess this is mechanical problem with type 2 locking.
Just open engine hood, search for the charging lock(below main part of engine, a bit on the bottom right) and pull it towards you. This will release the lock in type2 plug and then your car will start charging.
I had the same problem 2 weeks ago.
You may search internet for more detailed description and photos, if you need such.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess this is mechanical problem with type 2 locking.
Just open engine hood, search for the charging lock(below main part of engine, a bit on the bottom right) and pull it towards you. This will release the lock in type2 plug and then your car will start charging.
I had the same problem 2 weeks ago.
You may search internet for more detailed description and photos, if you need such.
Many thanks for the response! I have had a look in there but can't find the part you mentioned as yet, google isn't helping, any change you can link me to a page or video which shows the location of the part?

·
Registered
13 Posts
2018 mod. ioniq plugg in.First a part of my rear door handle fall of,then it wont charge,the conector wont lock the cable,wonder if this 2 problem is connected?I have tryed to pull the manual releaser sevral time,without success.I charged my 12V battery,still not solve the problem.Anyone else have the same problem?

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,218 Posts
2018 mod. ioniq plugg in.First a part of my rear door handle fall of,then it wont charge,the conector wont lock the cable,wonder if this 2 problem is connected?I have tryed to pull the manual releaser sevral time,without success.I charged my 12V battery,still not solve the problem.Anyone else have the same problem?
Several posters on this forum have had their locking solenoid fail, and it won't charge if it can't lock the cable. Pulling the releaser helps if the solenoid was merely stuck, but if it's actually broken then you'll need a replacement from the dealer. :-(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Several posters on this forum have had their locking solenoid fail, and it won't charge if it can't lock the cable. Pulling the releaser helps if the solenoid was merely stuck, but if it's actually broken then you'll need a replacement from the dealer. :-(
Guess the solenoid is the pin the lock the cable,maybe if i spray some W40 in there to see if it release.Do i have to buy the hole cable or just the charging point?

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,218 Posts
Yeah, it's the electro-mechanical bit that moves the pin that locks the cable. If I recall the other posts correctly, the dealers replaced the entire socket mechanism under warranty. Good luck!

Reactions: akkin4

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did try to remove the cover in to the mechanism,got the first cover off but im afraid to do more,maybe it is just to pop it out?It could be an ide to lubricate to make the solenoid work,anyway the dealer has order parts and will fix it on waranty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did try to remove the cover in to the mechanism,got the first cover off but im afraid to do more,maybe it is just to pop it out?It could be an ide to lubricate to make the solenoid work,anyway the dealer has order parts and will fix it on waranty.
Got the part changed,if it happend to you dont let the cable stay in the charging port.I did and the next morning dead 12 v battery.Guess the system will kip trying to charge hole night,and couses flat battery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to this thread for saving me a trip to dealer. Thought the problem would be simple as car was charging from engine. Luckily dealer couldn't schedule me in for over a week (!), so, remembered about the forum - luckily! Haven't been on for a while (2 years) but will now check more regularly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts