Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Pedro Tiago, and I was born in 1976, working in the banking sector. I travel daily to Lisbon, where I work.

In my life there were some cars, some I miss, some not really, some were inherited, some offered (by parents) and others bought by me.
The first car of my life was a Renault 5 800cc. It was the car that fetched me from the maternity ward, and it was the first car I drove, with my father's help, a few months before legal age. It had been in my family for over 20 years, here I am at the door of my grandfather's bike shop, about 30 years ago.

renault5.jpg

While still small, we had a Renault 9 (many brake problems), a Renault 11 (at the time it was a car with somewhat futuristic notes), a Fiat Uno 45S (countless problems), an Audi 80 turbod (which I inherited when I was in college), two Land Rover Discoverys (I never liked any of them), a Mitsubishi Carisma , an Opel astra 1.7cdti and a BMW 320d 136hp.

After my father sold the Audi, I inherited a Seat Ibiza GTTDI, which as a whole may have been the best car I've had to date (this was before Auris), unfortunately as it was a 2 seater, so I had to sell when my daughter was born in 2010. it made 200,000kms in my hand over 11 years .

The first car I bought new was a Seat Altea 1.6tdi ecomotive , although I like the car, I never died of love for the engine. I bought it mainly because of the advertised fuel consumption, which turned out to be the cause of the greatest discontent (mine was one of the affected engines from dieselgate). After 4 years I've traded it to a used BMW 525d .

After 20 years I abandoned Diesel. I took advantage of a Toyota promotion and bought a second-hand 2011 Toyota Auris HSD. This one turned out to be, overall, the best car I've ever owned. Low consumption, affordable maintenance and unmatched reliability. When I sold it I had some symptoms of traction battery degradation, nothing that was noticeable in the consumptions. On top of that, in 4 years of use and over 90.000kms rolled I managed to sell it only with a depreciation of 4250 €. Here it is the day before I sold it:

IMG_20190331_175939.jpg

In December 2018 my wife also abandoned diesel and bought a Toyota CHR HSD.

Since April 2019 I have a Hyundai Ioniq Electric, to which I've added now another 17,000kms ... I just hope it's a car as good as Auris.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum Pedro, thanks for the educational read, I enjoy your descriptions!

Unfortunately you need to post, I believe it is 15 messages, before you can include photos, but looking forward to seeing some of your cars when you are able.

I like your spritmonitor app., I was not aware of this more complete energy tracking tool, I am using Fuelly with my PHEV and enjoy that very much to track my gasoline consumption, but spritmonitor tracks both electric and gas.

Thank you for sharing, I will investigate further!!! (y)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts