Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to make a peanut butter jelly sandwich for a snack and reaching back for the jelly after I had put pb on the bread and the tip of knife grazes the ceiling leaving an unsightly brown stain (about 3/4 of an inch long and 1/8 inch wide) on the ceiling upholstery.

What is the best way to clean this out?

I have with me:

white vinegar, dish detergent, laundry detergent, regular soap, alcohol hand sanitizer.

It was Kraft natural so very oily.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Guesses: I'd try dish detergent and water - plenty of it - for starters. That will lift most oily things. Rub in dish fluid and then rinse with copious amounts of water.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq EV Ultimate
10 Posts
Yeah I would say the dish soap or laundry soap could be your best bet. Are Tide stain remover pens still a thing? I would also say if what you had didn't quite get it all to try a solid stain remover laundry bar with a wee bit of cold water. I have had good luck with removing oil-based stains with The Soap Works Old-Fashioned Stain Remover Laundry Bar on clothing so hopefully that would work on the cloth ceiling?
I'm glad someone else understands that you can't just make a good peanut butter sandwich in advance and that stuff has to be done right before you eat it.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Tide to Go pens are still a thing and they work amazingly well. We have one in every glove box and desk drawer, just keep an eye out for their expiry date. They only dispense when pointed down, so for a headliner stain you'd have to apply to a cloth and then blot with that. Can't say I've ever used one on peanut butter so no guarantees, dish soap sounds reasonable to deal with all of the oil involved and works best with hot water. I think a Tide to Go pen would be more for a jam stain, especially grape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts