Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How accurate are you finding the outside temperature gauge in the Ioniq? It appears that mine is reading anywhere between 1 to 3 degrees on the high side after the car has been in motion for 10 minutes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have never had a car that was accurate on the outside temperature gauge, 1-3 high is pretty good on my experience. I believe the infotainment my have the temperature somewhere, I am going to check that out, I could be wrong, but if I am right it would probably be the areas temperature.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
How accurate are you finding the outside temperature gauge in the Ioniq? It appears that mine is reading anywhere between 1 to 3 degrees on the high side after the car has been in motion for 10 minutes.
Sounds about right. The gauge may be in the shade, but it's in a tin box and still in a heat trap. I work to the same margins.

Reactions: Rick

·
Registered
326 Posts
In the UK hybrids you can see the area weather in the media unit screen. This is not the weather outside the car but the weather in the area you are in (not sure what the source is )

However you need a WiFi connection for this .

Not sure how it works in the US ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Outside temperature gauge is in the dashboard display with the speedometer, just above the odometer (bottom right)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ok, in my hybrid in the states, we have a SiriumXM data button and it tells the weather as well as many other useful information. I do not have the one in the navigation, but the other one is just as good.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Crazysoulja for the tip! I have the Ioniq with the navigation system and I did not realize that you could bring up the weather with the XM data button. I just went out to the car to check it out, and after looking for a couple of minutes, I found it. Pretty neat, as it brings up a lot of cities in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Like you said, it addition to the current weather, there is a lot of information on that particular menu, including traffic conditions on various roads for the immediate area. I guess I need to do a thorough search of all of the menus and familiarize myself with them (which I thought I had already done--not so!)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hyundai is none to confident in their thermometer either as they trigger the icy road warning at 4C or 40F. My Prius triggers at 37F. They are giving themselves a lot of margin. Granted at 40F air temp, there is a remote chance a road could be icy if the ground is very cold and the air has rapidly warmed, but that is a lot of margin none-the-less. Here is the passage from the owners manual page 3-64 "This warning light is to warn the driver the road may be icy. When the temperature on the outside temperature gauge is approximately
below 4°C (40°F), the Icy Road Warning Light ...
"

·
Registered
776 Posts
Dont get the trouble with the temp gauge. Mine is more accurate than all the ones I ever had before in Honda.
The system warns for Ice on the road at 2 degree celsius measured at grill height. At that point the road can already be frozen. Its a warning, nothing more, which needs to come in time. Imagine you are warned for icy weather after you've slipped against a tree. Fine accurate temp gauge, it even works after a front collision. LOL.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Interesting read. But the way you published it, I first thought it was a question you were asking, rather than a link to another website answering the question.
Me too, lol, until I saw your post. :eek:

Still haven't been to the link though...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts