Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I picked up mine last week. The car still had the August 2021 software with no indication of OTA. I updated it to the June 2022 version manually (Europe version). OTA appeared in the settings, but it said something along the lines of "not available". Then next day it stated something along the lines of "ready for updates" in the same screen. I cannot remember the exact wording and the car is not here at the moment to check.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I picked up mine last week. The car still had the August 2021 software with no indication of OTA. I updated it to the June 2022 version manually (Europe version). OTA appeared in the settings, but it said something along the lines of "not available". Then next day it stated something along the lines of "ready for updates" in the same screen. I cannot remember the exact wording and the car is not here at the moment to check.
The default message is misleading - it is meat to say that OTA is active, but at current there are no new updates available. However, it can be easily misunderstood to say that OTA itself is not available.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have two computers a new Mac and an old dell pc I get updates all the time on my dell and it never works any better in fact for a couple days afterwards it is wankie. From my out outlook I don't really notice a difference. Now it seems that I read a lot of people that have all sorts of problems after they try to do their own updates on the I5 like the 50% charging or the radio tubes going away, I don't have any of those problems
Typical end user. A lot of changes aren't massive UI changes. For computers the monthly updates are always security updates that you'll never notice, but 1-2 times a year there is a feature update and that adds new features and moves things around.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Typical end user. A lot of changes aren't massive UI changes. For computers the monthly updates are always security updates that you'll never notice, but 1-2 times a year there is a feature update and that adds new features and moves things around.
That's me alright I like hot dogs, but I do not care to know how they are made

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got a notification this weekend that an update was ready to install, completely OTA (in USA). It was a Navigation update. Anyone else see the same recently? I'm assuming this is different than firmware OTA but was still cool to see.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Premium 73kW
141 Posts
I got a notification this weekend that an update was ready to install, completely OTA (in USA). It was a Navigation update. Anyone else see the same recently? I'm assuming this is different than firmware OTA but was still cool to see.
it's for the infotainment system as well as navigation, the cars systems updates can only be dealer applied

·
Registered
24 Posts
I pushed the voice recognition button on the steering wheel yesterday and it said voice recognition loading , try later. I tried later and it was again working. I am in the USA. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I updated to the May 2022 software last week, and yesterday the car performed it's first OTA update (basically navigation updates). More options in the sat-nav menu.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts