Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 SE AWD
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read reports on some Forums of owners getting OTA updates recently. Does anyone know whether OTA updates require having performed some the previous updates manually? I have heard conflicting information on forums and can't find anything on Hyundai's website.

I have been trying to complete the latest (April) manual update without success. If that isn't required for future OTA updates I'll stop wasting my time on manual updates. I have not completed any manual updates since buying the I5 in February. My current software version is 210826.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I did the April manual update on July 7th. I had had problems trying before that but on that day everything worked without a hitch - except that it took something like 2 hours to complete. I took it slow and read everything 3 times before I did each step. The one issue I ran into is that it cleared my radio presets and Navigation Previous Destinations. Which is pertinent because yesterday I found they both had been cleared again. So I assume that there was an OTA update in the last few days. So, I guessing that the update I did on 7/7 included enabling OTA update.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I did the April manual update on July 7th. I had had problems trying before that but on that day everything worked without a hitch - except that it took something like 2 hours to complete. I took it slow and read everything 3 times before I did each step. The one issue I ran into is that it cleared my radio presets and Navigation Previous Destinations. Which is pertinent because yesterday I found they both had been cleared again. So I assume that there was an OTA update in the last few days. So, I guessing that the update I did on 7/7 included enabling OTA update.
The car may well download an OTA update but you have to accept it before it is implemented, so you would definitely know if you had a new update.

Reactions: CoSolar

·
Registered
5 Posts
The car may well download an OTA update but you have to accept it before it is implemented, so you would definitely know if you had a new update.
I think you need to 050622 inatal led in order to get OTA updates. I manually install the May update 2 days ago but have not gotten an OTA yet. BTW, not sure if the May update caused the problem but I use an AAWireless USB adapter to run Android Auto wirelessly. It worked fine prior to the May update but would not connect. I had to reset the AAWireless adapter to the factory settings and start the install process all over again in order to get it to connect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have read reports on some Forums of owners getting OTA updates recently. Does anyone know whether OTA updates require having performed some the previous updates manually? I have heard conflicting information on forums and can't find anything on Hyundai's website.

I have been trying to complete the latest (April) manual update without success. If that isn't required for future OTA updates I'll stop wasting my time on manual updates. I have not completed any manual updates since buying the I5 in February. My current software version is 210826.
Based on the comments I've seen on the video I think the only people that got OTA updates were in the same position as me. Meaning we did the manual April update, the one that got pulled a few days later. Then we never did the newer May update which is still called the April update on the download site.

It seems like those that have pre April update software are not getting the OTA update but can't 100% confirm it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I have the late April update installed on my car. Should I be getting another OTA update or am I up to date at this point. I am a bit confused. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I have the late April update installed on my car. Should I be getting another OTA update or am I up to date at this point. I am a bit confused. Thanks.
Depends on which April update since technically there were 2.

The first one released end of April and was pulled from the servers within a few days. The 2nd update was on the servers around early to mid May (but it's called the April update), that's actually the most up to date software update.

If you check the video the software versions are listed which show what my current software version is. If you have the same as mine is now then you won't get an ota update this time around. At least that's the theory and I have not had anyone report back differently.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5, 2018 Soul EV
38 Posts
Prior to doing the latest update manually, I had a line in General Settings that said "OTA Update - Not Available (Bluelink Extra Services Not Active)". Since the update to 220504 the reference to OTA updates is gone. I see many have a line in General Settings that says "OTA Update - Available (~02-23-2025)". Anyone else have no OTA references in General Settings?

·
Registered
2022 Cyber Grey IONIQ 5 RWD LR
80 Posts
Prior to doing the latest update manually, I had a line in General Settings that said "OTA Update - Not Available (Bluelink Extra Services Not Active)". Since the update to 220504 the reference to OTA updates is gone. I see many have a line in General Settings that says "OTA Update - Available (~02-23-2025)". Anyone else have no OTA references in General Settings?
i lost my OTA references after the most recent update too

·
Registered
449 Posts

Why do I even need to do any of these updates? My car was working fine in March when i picked it up and it still is working fine now, and I have never updated anything. I don't believe there giving me any new features so why bother

·
Registered
25 Posts
Why do I even need to do any of these updates? My car was working fine in March when i picked it up and it still is working fine now, and I have never updated anything. I don't believe there giving me any new features so why bother
For every person that thinks like you, there's probably three that want it to be a Tesla with OTA updates so the car can fart and play video games.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
“Because it’s there”

George Leigh Mallory, British mountain climber

·
Registered
449 Posts
For every person that thinks like you, there's probably three that want it to be a Tesla with OTA updates so the car can fart and play video games.
I have two computers a new Mac and an old dell pc I get updates all the time on my dell and it never works any better in fact for a couple days afterwards it is wankie. From my out outlook I don't really notice a difference. Now it seems that I read a lot of people that have all sorts of problems after they try to do their own updates on the I5 like the 50% charging or the radio tubes going away, I don't have any of those problems

·
Registered
Ultimate RWD, Eco + Tech, added LTE Dashcam
100 Posts
I gave up waiting for my ota update and did the latest update from a couple of weeks ago manually. thought the ota would have done it by now.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
are you in the USA? if so do you think I've been OTA updated without me knowing it?
The OTA updates will be downloaded automatically to the car, and you will then be prompted to confirm the update.

But the update process will not start until you actively approve it.

It's therfore unlikely that OTA updates have been applied to the car without your knowledge (unless another driver accepted the updates).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts