Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post!
I've been looking for a specific Ionic trim/color. Dealerships will say they have them just to get you to come down only to find its sold already "but we have 2 coming in".
I can't tell if they're playing me (probably) or if they're just trying to get my info (also probably).
So I believe I read here that they can be ordered and that the updated (2023) world be the one delivered.
Makes sense since I can't find the exact one I want.
I'm confused. I have been told by some dealerships that I can't order an Ioniq 5 and by 2 dealerships (far away) that I can.
Which is true?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post!
I've been looking for a specific Ionic trim/color. Dealerships will say they have them just to get you to come down only to find its sold already "but we have 2 coming in".
I can't tell if they're playing me (probably) or if they're just trying to get my info (also probably).
So I believe I read here that they can be ordered and that the updated (2023) world be the one delivered.
I'm confused. I have been told by some dealerships that I can't order an Ioniq 5 and by 2 dealerships (far away) that I can.
Which is true?
Thanks!
I've been dancing the same dance with dealers here in Minnesota and elsewhere. Apparently not all Hyundai dealerships are authorized to sell the Ioniq EV, only select dealerships. Some require a $500 deposit (refundable and non-refundable) while others have just put me on a list. I had hoped to see one in person just so my wife could sit in the driver's seat, she's very short and visibility has been an issue in other vehicles.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium 2022 - White
6 Posts
Hi! Welcome 😁
Not sure if you’re referring to the Ioniq or Ioniq 5, also I’m in Australia so this may not apply for you.
When I bought my Ioniq a month ago, the dealer said they were runout stock and that the factories have stopped making them to make way for the new models (5/6).
I did a bit of reading and it seems like that is the case (again, this may just be Asia pacific markets).
Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So Deaner, where are you at with the search? Can our did you order?

LucaSydney, I think that would be an advantage of ordering. I believe if I could order them it would be the upgraded 2023 (since the 2022 run is sbout over) which I might as well get at this point.

Is that true?

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium 2022 - White
6 Posts
So far as I can see even from the Hyundai US website, there is no Ioniq listed (only the Ioniq 5). So there may not be a 2023 model - unless you are referring to the Ioniq 5?
I mean we lost the Hyundai Accent in Australia, but they still make it in the US, so anything is possible.

·
Registered
161 Posts
First post!
Which is true?
Thanks!
Given that you're asking about the "Ioniq 5" and not the earlier "Ioniq", may I suggest posting this in the Ioniq 5-specific forum?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts