Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pushed the button on a Ioniq 5 AWD Ultimate in Lucid Blue with grey two tone leather. Car is a dealer pre order which is currently in production in the factory, with an ETA end of September…….

Now to sort out the home charger unit……😊😊

·
Registered
60 Posts
.....Now to sort out the home charger unit……😊😊
Congrats :cool:
I'm in roundabout the same position as you having ordered the P45 variant of the I5 back in Feb, & its now on the ship around 11 days away from Tilbury Docks.
This will be my first EV, so Ive also been looking at various home chargers.
I may have this wrong, but I thought one of the factors to qualify for the home charger grant was to be able to give the EVs chassis or VIN number.
I've called the dealer about this & they say they'll only have access to that number after its been processed at Hyundai HQ at Tilbury.
So that'll only give me around 2 weeks to sort out the charger before it arrives at the dealer - & charger installers are probably very busy with long lead times
Have I got this right?

·
Registered
Ioniq Electric 38KWh
219 Posts
Congrats :cool:
I'm in roundabout the same position as you having ordered the P45 variant of the I5 back in Feb, & its now on the ship around 11 days away from Tilbury Docks.
This will be my first EV, so Ive also been looking at various home chargers.
I may have this wrong, but I thought one of the factors to qualify for the home charger grant was to be able to give the EVs chassis or VIN number.
I've called the dealer about this & they say they'll only have access to that number after its been processed at Hyundai HQ at Tilbury.
So that'll only give me around 2 weeks to sort out the charger before it arrives at the dealer - & charger installers are probably very busy with long lead times
Have I got this right?
No. Most providers like Podpoint when filling out the OLEV paperwork should be taking an official order number or lease order number in lieu of a chassis number.

Sent from my M2002J9E using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
For P45 cars in UK we only have a reservation with Hyundai. We have to place a firm order with our nominated dealer once the cars arrive at Tilbury. There is a 2 week time slot to place the order. If the firm order is not placed the car gets re-allocated to someone on the waiting list. So until the firm order is placed there is no order number to use for the OLEV grant paperwork. I think Hyundai are currently offering deals on a couple of chargers with installation included. It might be worth checking with your dealer with regard to timescales. Initially you could just use the Granny cable if you are not doing a lot of miles.

·
Registered
60 Posts
..... I think Hyundai are currently offering deals on a couple of chargers with installation included.
Not so much of a deal as its the same price you'd pay if you went independent
Email copied below:-

Update: Home charging for your IONIQ 5 Project 45

We are pleased to confirm that IONIQ 5 is now eligible for the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme and that Hyundai Motor UK Ltd has two approved home charging suppliers - POD Point (Electric Vehicle Charging Solutions | Pod Point) and BP Pulse (bp pulse).
Your dealer will pass your details to your chosen supplier who will help you with the order, installation and grant application for your car.

Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us

Best wishes,

IONIQ 5 VIP Team

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have an order form from the dealer giving the invoice number etc. Also paid a £1000 non refundable deposit. I was given to understand from the dealer that this would be sufficient to get the car charger and grant sorted. It may be slightly different as I have ordered a car that the dealer already has in production, so is a specific vehicle.

I do not like either of the chargers that are linked to Hyundai as both Pod point and BP look quite ugly 😂. I am going with a Hypervolt charger which hides the cable well and looks the part as well……and it is no more expensive than the other two.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For P45 cars in UK we only have a reservation with Hyundai. We have to place a firm order with our nominated dealer once the cars arrive at Tilbury. There is a 2 week time slot to place the order. If the firm order is not placed the car gets re-allocated to someone on the waiting list. So until the firm order is placed there is no order number to use for the OLEV grant paperwork. I think Hyundai are currently offering deals on a couple of chargers with installation included. It might be worth checking with your dealer with regard to timescales. Initially you could just use the Granny cable if you are not doing a lot of miles.
I take it this means you could pull out at any stage before you confirm the order (and pay for car), therefore you could get a grant for the charger, and end up not buying the car….

As I have a confirmed order and have paid deposit, if I were to pull out, I would lose the deposit, therefore I assume this is why they will accept an official order, but not a reservation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just pushed the button on a Ioniq 5 AWD Ultimate in Lucid Blue with grey two tone leather. Car is a dealer pre order which is currently in production in the factory, with an ETA end of September…….

Now to sort out the home charger unit……😊😊
Congratulations Yellowduck! How did you get all that build/order detail from your dealer? I have had exactly the same car on order since 15th June and my dealer can't even confirm when they will get a demo car in?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congratulations Yellowduck! How did you get all that build/order detail from your dealer? I have had exactly the same car on order since 15th June and my dealer can't even confirm when they will get a demo car in?
Contacted a dealer on Autotrader who was advertising pre ordered stock…….like you, my local dealer has not even got a demo due……

·
Registered
60 Posts
I do not like either of the chargers that are linked to Hyundai as both Pod point and BP look quite ugly 😂. I am going with a Hypervolt charger which hides the cable well and looks the part as well……and it is no more expensive than the other two.
So I read this & thought ...Hmmmm, Yellowduck does have a point there - what on earth inspired BP to say yes to an ugly white oval box as their brand leading home charger?
So I looked into this previously unheard of brand - Hypervolt - & now a reps coming round tomorrow to give a site survey!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I read this & thought ...Hmmmm, Yellowduck does have a point there - what on earth inspired BP to say yes to an ugly white oval box as their brand leading home charger?
So I looked into this previously unheard of brand - Hypervolt - & now a reps coming round tomorrow to give a site survey!
The CEO of the company, Flavian, is on FB on the UK EV page. I put a question relating to these on the page on Sunday afternoon, and someone copied him in. Within an hour he was responding to me on the page. I can’t imagine the CEO of BP doing that 😂😂

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Premium SE PHEV
225 Posts
This looks brilliant, and I love the flashing LED's. But above all, Customer service sells it for me. Having said all that I am very happy with my OHME tethered charger.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How did your survey go?
I am waiting for a call from a local installer……

·
Registered
60 Posts
He came on time, checked over everything and sent me a quote this morning, to which I accepted (£700).
Now the bad news - he discovered our house is shares a looped feed with the neighbours - the 2 large cables entering the fuse clamp was the giveaway. So now he has to contact western power networks to come and unloop us before the install can go ahead.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He came on time, checked over everything and sent me a quote this morning, to which I accepted (£700).
Now the bad news - he discovered our house is shares a looped feed with the neighbours - the 2 large cables entering the fuse clamp was the giveaway. So now he has to contact western power networks to come and unloop us before the install can go ahead.
Well at least you found out fairly quickly 😊. You could have waited a month for a BP installer to come and tell you the same thing…

1 - 18 of 18 Posts