Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Project 45 - Gravity Gold
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen the latest registration figures, (published 13th Jan 22), on the DoT site and there were a few surprises

I had expected to see all the UKs allotment of 175 Project 45s registered, but there were only 156 - what happened to the other 19?

From what we knew, all the P45s arrived at Tilbury on the Grande California on 30th July.
They then got delivered to dealers from the 3rd week in August - I picked mine up on the 26th, and from what we'd read on the forums it seemed most people had taken delivery by the 2nd week in Sept :unsure:

Rectangle Handwriting Font Circle Pattern

The other shocks - Only 2 Premium AWD & 12 Ultimate AWD cars - making them rarer than P45s :eek:

Check out the Data yourself here > All vehicles (VEH01)

Then scroll down to this link
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Registered
478 Posts
It seems that AWD just isn't a popular option in the UK? Mine is AWD which is what I wanted, because I don't need the faster acceleration or the extra tracking, and I can do without the reduced range and smaller frunk. Obviously those who opted for the P45 got AWD as standard.

The 'missing' P45... Still unregistered? Exported? Written-off...? No idea.

·
Registered
Project 45 - Gravity Gold
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I was in discussions with my dealer, they'd got four P45 reservations arriving at the dealership - 1 of which they said had been ordered by someone in Ireland.
I cant find too much info on Irish car registrations, but I suppose several if not all could have been made grey exports?

I guess we'll just have to wait for the Q4 data to get a better picture

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Project 45 AWD Ultimate 73 Kw
121 Posts
It seems that AWD just isn't a popular option in the UK? Mine is AWD which is what I wanted, because I don't need the faster acceleration or the extra tracking, and I can do without the reduced range and smaller frunk. Obviously those who opted for the P45 got AWD as standard.

Most of the official press cars in Europe were P45's so I imagine that was the same for the U.K..
I was lucky enough to score an unused German press car in the exact Matte color and leather interior that I wanted.
Hyundai Marketing UK will probably release the cars back into the market after demand from motoring press subsides.

·
Registered
94 Posts
There was a chap on Facebook who posted a picture of his P45 that was just about to be delivered this week. IIRC there was one car delivered with a broken dash screen and they appear to have cannibalised another car for parts. I wonder if some of the balance is due to parts being removed from donor vehicles to get other ones working? The parts are now arriving and cars will end up in the supply chain.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD
138 Posts
According to the tone in the UK delivery thread, majority of UK AWD orders are severely delayed.

Statistics for Norway were 3584 sold in 2021, around 1300 were P45.

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Ultimate AWD + Tech + Eco Galactic Grey on Order
228 Posts

I would say they still haven’t been built/delivered like mine🙁

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Project 45 AWD Ultimate 73 Kw
121 Posts
I would say they still haven’t been built/delivered like mine🙁
Hmmm, P45 is a special first edition. As far as I’m aware they are all 2021 build cars that MIGHT be registered and delivered in 2022.
Since the pandemic induced chip shortage they’ve had to prune features and functions in spec sheets around the world. It’s what half this forum is up in arms about , so I doubt Hyundai are going to (or even can) produce a fully loaded full fat no holds barred P45 manufactured in 2022, otherwise everyone would be ordering it and the forum would be half the size.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Project 45 and E-Niro 4+. (Previously, Polestar2, Tesla M3, Ampera, Ioniq)
256 Posts
I suspect the poster above got it right - some cars were found to have significant problems needing parts, and some cars were canibalised for parts to repair other cars.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for posting that info Restyler - very interesting. As Ethan comments I think it's really hard to infer anything about what people actually want given that supply of the AWD spec is close to non-existent. It does suggest that Hyundai batch produced large numbers of Ultimates and Premiums, with many buyers then sourcing these "off the boat" rather than having to wait for the rather chaotic factory built route.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for posting that info Restyler - very interesting. As Ethan comments I think it's really hard to infer anything about what people actually want given that supply of the AWD spec is close to non-existent. It does suggest that Hyundai batch produced large numbers of Ultimates and Premiums, with many buyers then sourcing these "off the boat" rather than having to wait for the rather chaotic factory built route.
Mine was one of the common-as-muck RWD Premiums bought ”off the boat”. They were relatively easy to get if you didn’t want to wait.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts