Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq PHEV Style
1 Posts
Hello Estonia! ( i think ? ) :D

yes the files usually comes from the hyundai dealer, either in germany or italy. but this time, the files are from official update.hyundai.com RUSSIAN region. which actually works for EURO too.
so from now on we can aquire it ourselves everytime a new update is out in russia. but we have to modify few files to make it appear as euro.
i modified them and uploaded and sent it here so each people don't have to go through this everytime.

Hello, sorry for my english.
I received an email from bluelink support (because a problem with 4g coverage) and, at the end, they write this:
"I hope connection comeback after you exit to open area.
Our suppliers and R&D is constantly working to improve Bluelink and its systems with each regular update and with the coming one (release these weeks) there will be enhancements for the modem behavior."

Does that mean there will be a new update for europe in weeks?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Hello, sorry for my english.
I received an email from bluelink support (because a problem with 4g coverage) and, at the end, they write this:
"I hope connection comeback after you exit to open area.
Our suppliers and R&D is constantly working to improve Bluelink and its systems with each regular update and with the coming one (release these weeks) there will be enhancements for the modem behavior."

Does that mean there will be a new update for europe in weeks?
Yes hyundai files have been delayed a bit. Hopefully soon to be rlsed. But we don't know what difference there will be. Coz kia files fits the hyundai files. And kia files have allready been rlsed

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 2021 38.3kWH
19 Posts
Having issues installing if anyone can help
2021 Ioniq BEV

Got myself a brand new usb drive (32gb) freshly formatted to Fat32. Downloaded and extracted the zip (EUR folder appear)

Dragged and dropped this onto the fresh usb stick

I’ve then tried multiple ways of getting it to install, none work. Booting car up with drive in (to both ACC and fully on modes) and plugged the stick in once started
All that happens is the head unit states “Reading USB drive” and then “no media files available”
I’ve also tried putting the contents of the EUR folder directly onto the usb and same issue.

The update button in the settings screen remains greyed out

thought it might be drive so reformatted to 32 again and same problem

My current software is AE_E_PE.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.191223
Map is EUR.12.41.47.551.401.2(D.F9/E.F9)

Any ideas? I am using a Mac but I’m really hoping that isn’t the issue as I don’t have a way around that…

Attachments

·
Registered
Hyundai IONIQ EV Premium 38kWh (2021)
10 Posts
There is a hidden file which must be on the USB stick. Macs don’t show the hidden file by default. Press CMD+Shift+. (dot) to show the hidden files in the unzipped download(files that start with a dot). Make sure this file is on the USB stick.

The file you are looking for is called .lge.upgrade.xml

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Having issues installing if anyone can help
2021 Ioniq BEV

Got myself a brand new usb drive (32gb) freshly formatted to Fat32. Downloaded and extracted the zip (EUR folder appear)

Dragged and dropped this onto the fresh usb stick

I’ve then tried multiple ways of getting it to install, none work. Booting car up with drive in (to both ACC and fully on modes) and plugged the stick in once started
All that happens is the head unit states “Reading USB drive” and then “no media files available”
I’ve also tried putting the contents of the EUR folder directly onto the usb and same issue.

The update button in the settings screen remains greyed out

thought it might be drive so reformatted to 32 again and same problem

My current software is AE_E_PE.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.191223
Map is EUR.12.41.47.551.401.2(D.F9/E.F9)

Any ideas? I am using a Mac but I’m really hoping that isn’t the issue as I don’t have a way around that…
Haha I'm sorry to say this. It's a Mac issue. I've seen this problem a ton of times. The Mac doesn't copy all files. Someone posted a workaround I think. The. Lge upgrade is not copying I think because of the dot. Try vee all hidden files and copy again. Make sure the . Lge.upgrade file is there. All the files on the root of USB

·
Registered
Hyundai IONIQ EV Premium 38kWh (2021)
10 Posts
I got out of the car with the keys in my pocket. It was blocked in on my drive by another car though so no risk of theft.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Wireless update is mentioned here in the Korea user manual... User's Manual

Any idea whether it will be activated for older cars?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

i updated the file, downloaded from the Google Drive in the first post.

Is it normal, that the Nav App shows "RU_2"?

And do you also have the Problem, that the chargingstations are shown grayed?

Greetings Hillerious

Nav.JPG vers.JPG ausgegraut.jpg

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
hi, R
Hi there,

Greetings Hillerious

View attachment 34032 View attachment 34034 View attachment 34033
RU_2 means release update 2.

regarding the charging station being gray,. i havent heard any reports on that. maybe the headunit has to be online, or bluelink re-register?

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh Premium
61 Posts
Hi there,

Greetings Hillerious

View attachment 34032 View attachment 34034 View attachment 34033
After the first update that I applied (October 2020), I had to reactivate BlueLink from my head unit. The Hyundai Live services (charging stations, traffic, etc.) were unavailable until I did this.

Subsequent updates haven't affected the BlueLink status.

·
Registered
2 Posts
regarding the charging station being gray,. i havent heard any reports on that. maybe the headunit has to be online, or bluelink re-register?
Ok, seems like i've been a bit impatient ;)
I reinitated Blue-Link after the update. Tho - you have to restart the Car in order to make it work.

mit.JPG

Since my last version has been fom end of 2019:
Is there any way to get the good old adress form in the navigation menu instead of that smart "Search for adress, POI,..."
I'm talking about that form where you can put in the ZIP-Code, street, country and so on. And once you type in the street, the system provides suggestions of the street available in the city.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Ok, seems like i've been a bit impatient ;)
I reinitated Blue-Link after the update. Tho - you have to restart the Car in order to make it work.

View attachment 34035

Since my last version has been fom end of 2019:
Is there any way to get the good old adress form in the navigation menu instead of that smart "Search for adress, POI,..."
I'm talking about that form where you can put in the ZIP-Code, street, country and so on. And once you type in the street, the system provides suggestions of the street available in the city.
Nope. Hyundai thinks this is smart and this way stays forever in the future too.. Lol

I guess we gotta learn and live with it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Nope. Hyundai thinks this is smart and this way stays forever in the future too.. Lol

I guess we gotta learn and live with it.
I personally prefer this... at times I don't know the postcode e.g. points of interest or I don't know the street name but know the postcode

41 - 60 of 67 Posts