Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Updated. (y)

The only difference this time was that the update didn't auto-launch; I had to manually launch it from the head unit. I got an on-screen message telling me that the versions were the same so I'm guessing that's why.

All of the version numbers are identical except for the map.

Previous update (applied on 16/4/21):
View attachment 33966

Today's update (applied on 23/4/21):
View attachment 33967

I know it's probably not that simple, but, looking at the numbers, it seems like the map in the latest update could be an older version than the last one.
Cool. Thanx for reporting in.

I would assume the russian has a slight newer map since the version number. But probably small update

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I know that it has already been said but what is the process to transfer this file to the usb key ? Thank you in advance.
download, extract the content, format a usb stick to fat 32. copy the content to the root of the usb stick. go to the car, set it in, and push update,.
if it doesnt prompt, then go manually to setting, system info screen

·
Registered
20 Posts
I held back on RU version, so have now just updated from the October 2020 version.

USB was recognised, I chose the 'Quick Update' and it took about 35 mins, running two separate updates, one automatically after the other, the first took about 25 mins, the second about 10 mins.

Afterwards I had to accept new Bluelink terms and conditions, then Bluelink started and all settings kept.

One noticeable improvement is with Android Auto, I now have 2/3 split screen and can select what to display on the RHS third.

I've noticed some additional settings now come up in the BlueLink phone app, Under General Settings, now have 'Stop Radio/Media while turning off engine', and some new settings under Camera Alert Distance. I think there may be others, but not familiar enough to say for sure.

@SonicSpinner Thanks again for getting updates for us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The first post says this is for widescreen units. I have a 2017 Ioniq HEV in the UK, so I am assuming I can’t use this one. Is there a non-widescreen version coming?

Also, more general question - do these updates do anything useful for the car itself (battery charging, general engine stuff) or are they exclusively for the media unit itself?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The first post says this is for widescreen units. I have a 2017 Ioniq HEV in the UK, so I am assuming I can’t use this one. Is there a non-widescreen version coming?

Also, more general question - do these updates do anything useful for the car itself (battery charging, general engine stuff) or are they exclusively for the media unit itself?
For classic ioniq here

And no they are basically Navi and infotainment. And some new settings

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ah ok, cool. Will there be a non-Russian Euro one for my ‘classic’ at some point too?

Loving the name ‘classic’ for a hybrid too 😄

For classic ioniq here

And no they are basically Navi and infotainment. And some new settings

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many thanks SonicSpinner, the update went flawlessly (once I got a compatible USB stick). Great to have people doing such stuff!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Many thanks SonicSpinner, the update went flawlessly (once I got a compatible USB stick). Great to have people doing such stuff!
Cheers. I also had heard from people having error updating due to faulty USB stick.
Glad it worked out

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
@SonicSpinner Great job with the software. May I ask, what's your source? Do you get it from Hyundai service directly?
Hello Estonia! ( i think ? ) :D

yes the files usually comes from the hyundai dealer, either in germany or italy. but this time, the files are from official update.hyundai.com RUSSIAN region. which actually works for EURO too.
so from now on we can aquire it ourselves everytime a new update is out in russia. but we have to modify few files to make it appear as euro.
i modified them and uploaded and sent it here so each people don't have to go through this everytime.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Estonia yes! ;) Fresh 2020 Ionic Electric owner. Thank you for the reply, will download the latest software and check it out :)

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh Premium
61 Posts
yes the files usually comes from the hyundai dealer, either in germany or italy. but this time, the files are from official update.hyundai.com RUSSIAN region. which actually works for EURO too.
so from now on we can aquire it ourselves everytime a new update is out in russia. but we have to modify few files to make it appear as euro.
i modified them and uploaded and sent it here so each people don't have to go through this everytime.
I really don't understand why the UK (and some other regions) can't download the updates directly from Hyundai. Russia was listed as an option in the official updating tool but nowhere else in Europe. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
Hyundai IONIQ EV Premium 38kWh (2021)
10 Posts
I sent a message to Hyundai UK a couple weeks ago asking why updates weren’t available directly. I also asked a couple of other questions. No acknowledgment reply received.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
we have asked for it since last year. they dont have a reply for us. we can only guess.

my guess
1. either they think that the european hyundai owners are too " stupid " and are too many, if they should brick their headunit and hyundai have to pay for it.
2. they are waiting for OTA updates to be available for the hyundai cars , currently and future. then open up for self update
3. havent come to an agreement with all the different hyundai dealers in europe, incase of repair on bricked headunit etc.

either way. the WIDE installation and update files are so FOOL proof now, that you can even update it, and shut down the car and go out. it will keep the headunit on and update,
for std 8" you can theoritically mess up IF you by accident shut down the car during an update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for providing the updates SonicSpinner. I have a 2021 Kona which uses the Gen 5 Widescreen and I have flashed it succesfully.

I wonder if anyone could help me with a little bug I have or if anyone else see's similar? The intelligent speed limit works on mine but if I turn it off in the settings and shutdown the car, the next time I turn it back on it's enabled again. That's not too much of an issue but the other thing is the speed limit warning does not read from the map when I am driving. It will read signs well but when they are not available on the street the limit sign simply shows (---).

Other guys on the kona forum have it installed and it seems to work well for them. I am wondering if it's because I have a 2021 facelift and they have changed some settings in the infotainment or perhaps it needs a different version?

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
we have asked for it since last year. they dont have a reply for us. we can only guess.

my guess
1. either they think that the european hyundai owners are too " stupid " and are too many, if they should brick their headunit and hyundai have to pay for it.
2. they are waiting for OTA updates to be available for the hyundai cars , currently and future. then open up for self update
3. havent come to an agreement with all the different hyundai dealers in europe, incase of repair on bricked headunit etc.

either way. the WIDE installation and update files are so FOOL proof now, that you can even update it, and shut down the car and go out. it will keep the headunit on and update,
for std 8" you can theoritically mess up IF you by accident shut down the car during an update.
I have asked the french customer service with exactly the same question and they never replied ! French style...

·
Registered
321 Posts

my guess

Wow, I didn't know that is possible for the Widescreen one. Would've saved me driving around lol - it doesn't take long tbh. Does it use the traction battery or 12v battery when performing the update?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Wow, I didn't know that is possible for the Widescreen one. Would've saved me driving around lol - it doesn't take long tbh. Does it use the traction battery or 12v battery when performing the update?
I would assume so yes. Nu friend he updated his ioniq 2020 wide, shut the car and left it over night lol

21 - 40 of 67 Posts