Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys

Here we go again, this time its the official EURO Software and map update for the WIDESCREEN headunits of Hyundai & Kia (Ioniq, Kona, Kia(Eniro, ceed etc )

google Drive link: EUR.Gen5Wide_2021_1.zip
fromsmash.com link will come late evening

This can be installed on either oldere software or If you have allready installed the RUS2EUR version i posted before.
If you have installed the RUS2EUR, this update will say you allready have the latest version, and you can still update it,
Choose Quick update.

The differences we have noticed so far is:

Map version name:

RUS: EUR.13.47.47.642.403.2
EUR: EUR.13.47.47.412.407.2

and this file:
Russian: HU \ firmware \ frontkey \ nx4 | MKBD_2_1e_00_NX4.bin
EURO: HU \ firmware \ frontkey \ nx4 \ MKBD_2_1f_00_NX4.bin

we havent noticed any changes in the User interface or such, so if you guys find anything new from the RUS to this official EUR, please write in this thread

Enjoy

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Downloading now. Thanks. (y)
hey buddy, can you confirm if your ioniq recognizes the update. im suddenly seing some report that maybe this is kia only. but i havent seen a report from a person with hyundai car trying this,
so let me know, as soon as you have tried, thanx

·
Registered
321 Posts
Downloaded... how are people leaving the car when installing? It's a bit easier if you have a driveway right infront of your car I guess. Is it possible to lock the car while it's on?

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh Premium
62 Posts
Downloaded... how are people leaving the car when installing? It's a bit easier if you have a driveway right infront of your car I guess. Is it possible to lock the car while it's on?
Good question. Mine's in the garage so I leave it unlocked while it's updating.

I don't know if the update will work in the "accessory mode" described here:

@SonicSpinner I didn't get chance to try the update yesterday; I'll do it today.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good question. Mine's in the garage so I leave it unlocked while it's updating.

I don't know if the update will work in the "accessory mode" described here:

@SonicSpinner I didn't get chance to try the update yesterday; I'll do it today.
No worries. I got more reports with updating ioniq and Kona. All working and updated

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just updated mine... when I plugged the USB in the update wasn't detected, I had to go into settings -> general -> press the Update button.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh Premium
62 Posts
No worries. I got more reports with updating ioniq and Kona. All working and updated
Updated. (y)

The only difference this time was that the update didn't auto-launch; I had to manually launch it from the head unit. I got an on-screen message telling me that the versions were the same so I'm guessing that's why.

All of the version numbers are identical except for the map.

Previous update (applied on 16/4/21):
2.jpg

Today's update (applied on 23/4/21):
4.jpg

I know it's probably not that simple, but, looking at the numbers, it seems like the map in the latest update could be an older version than the last one.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts