Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I got a little treat for ya'll again :)

this time we have the official EU ALL Software April/may update for Standard 8" headunit for LG AND MOBIS. This is specially a nice treat for Mobis headunit such as:

Santa Fe TM, i30 PDe N, KONA OSEV / GSL, i20 05.2018 -> ;, Tucson TLe 18MY, i20 2018-

These units have not had a chance to update their car yet, because so far we have only had software for LG units.
and the map is MOBIS only with the latest v. EUR.14.41

P.S Those who allready have the update, i posted for LG for April/may, do not need to update again.

links 1: Software & Maps

link2: Software

Link2: map v. 14.41

This software package should cover all these models posted below:

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq HEV Premium SE Intense Blue
26 Posts
Just wondering if anyone in UK has uploaded this themselves?? This isn't going to break my car, is it? :)

And does it work through the SD card slot as well as the USB port? I don't have a USB big enough to take it.... :(

2019 Ioniq Hybrid here

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wondering if anyone in UK has uploaded this themselves?? This isn't going to break my car, is it? :)

And does it work through the SD card slot as well as the USB port? I don't have a USB big enough to take it.... :(

2019 Ioniq Hybrid here
manye people have updated it. you cant break it unless you turn off the car, while it updates. :)

just download the software content, unpack it on a SD card. turn on the car, put it into P. and insert the card, and let it update,
when done, download the map files, copy it to the sd card. ( empty this sd card before copying btw ), and isnert the sd card with the map files into the car and it will reboot once, and your map is updated

·
Registered
26 Posts
Doesn't appear to want to work anyway. I get to the extracting part but then get errors and won't extract from the zip file..... :(

·
Registered
Ioniq PHEV 2020 Premium SE Fluidic Metal
11 Posts
Anyone from the UK managed to update their systems without a problem or am I better off waiting until the car goes in for a service? Car was registered September 2020 so unsure of the software version until I check

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh Premium
87 Posts
Anyone from the UK managed to update their systems without a problem or am I better off waiting until the car goes in for a service? Car was registered September 2020 so unsure of the software version until I check
I'm in the UK. I've updated mine three times now without any issues. I got my car in February this year but it was running a really out-of-date version of the software (mid-2020, if I remember correctly).

The only things I had to tweak were after the first update: BlueLink needed to be re-activated from the head unit and I had to change the settings from kilometres to miles.

·
Registered
Ioniq PHEV 2020 Premium SE Fluidic Metal
11 Posts
I'm in the UK. I've updated mine three times now without any issues. I got my car in February this year but it was running a really out-of-date version of the software (mid-2020, if I remember correctly).

The only things I had to tweak were after the first update: BlueLink needed to be re-activated from the head unit and I had to change the settings from kilometres to miles.
Thanks Bill. So what version are you running now? And was that version taken from this thread?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also take it that the Gen 5.0 for Ioniq HEV is for all years?? Just trying the download again now. Fingers crossed

·
Registered
Ioniq EV SE 2017 (UK spec)
945 Posts
I also take it that the Gen 5.0 for Ioniq HEV is for all years?? Just trying the download again now. Fingers crossed
Yes it is for all model years with 8" headunit which was fitted till the revamp and upgrade to 10" headunit sometime in 2020. I have now updated my EV with files uploaded to the forum by SonicSpinner with no problems and now have the latest 2021 update.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ok, so i now have a newly downloaded and unpacked software file on my SD card but i'm missing the 'System Volume Information' folder. When i try to copy and paste it across, it says it's already there but i can't see it. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
26 Posts
And when i do a search for it in the search bar on the SD card, it says the contents are there but i still an't see it!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Software done. After inserting standard Map SD card, navigation now doesn't work. I assume once i've done the map update, the standard SD goes back in and will work again???

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Software done. After inserting standard Map SD card, navigation now doesn't work. I assume once i've done the map update, the standard SD goes back in and will work again???
the sd card with the new software ALSO includes the new map :) so insert that sd card back into the car again

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if you want to use the standard map sd card. just copy evewrything from the software Sd card EXCEPT the folder called Cavenu_h .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you.
Sorry for all the questions :)
Do i need to keep the MOBUS map update folder on the standard SD as well? i'm copying that to my samsung SD card now to do the second update after doing the software....

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you.
Sorry for all the questions :)
Do i need to keep the MOBUS map update folder on the standard SD as well? i'm copying that to my samsung SD card now to do the second update after doing the software....
no, you are mixing things a bit now. Mobis map is not for your car. ;) its for kona,.
you downloaded the solaris zip, right . inside that package , delete the folder Cavenu_h. the rest copy it to a clean formatted sd card. instert it to the car. and you have the latest map

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh ok. Good job! i'll stop the map copying and go back to the software download.

yes, downloaded and installed the software part so i'll go back, format original SD card and put everything on there, except cavenu_h, insert and all should be well

at least i'll know for next time what i'm doing :):)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts