Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently gone through the pain of looking for what OBD readers work and what apps are out there and thought it would be useful to share my experience trawling various forums and finding a solution that works for me.

The most useful post I found was here: recommended obd2 adapter? - Page 5 - Kia Soul EV Forum

I ended up going with a Konnwei KW902 which I bought from ebay. (approx £19).
I then tried a bunch of different apps and the only one which supports the full battery cell voltage data (my purpose for getting an OBD reader) was the app called "Soul EV spy".
Note that I tried their "Lite" version which connected but didn't give all the data because the developers have stopped adding features. But the full paid version (£11.99) does support the latest Ioniq EV. I did also find that EVNotify worked well, but does not let me access the detailed cell voltages. For EVNotify to work you have to say you have a Kona when setting the app up.

So all in, this solution cost just over £30 and seems to work well. Only problem now is the fuse / OBD cover can't be fixed whilst it's plugged in so I may follow the advice of others on this forum regarding cables, 3D printed covers, or other solutions!

TL;DR:
Buy a Konnwei KW902 OBD-II reader
Buy the full version of Soul EV Spy on your Android device

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am also in the process of trying to figure this out. I purchased the VEEPEAK BLE+ OBD reader, it did not work with the EV Notify app which is what seems to be the most popular android app for this car. I've returned it and ordered the OBDLink LX which is expensive as **** but seems to be fairly recommended.

TLDR; Don't buy a VEEPEAK, it won't work with 2020 Ioniq and EV Notify App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts