Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my Ioniq Premium arrives in the UK on 10th May and my dealer has suggested about 5 days later it should be in my possession. I'm one for getting things sorted before and wondered if any of you had any ideas? So far I've joined Fuelly, bought a Wi-Fi dongle and free SIM for the mapping, looked at mats and boot liner in readiness, downloaded and started reading the manual, watched every YouTube video I can find and of course read every post on here. Anything else I can do to get me more excited?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Missed that one, got a dash cam from GearBest as well, installed in my existing car to play with, great minds Alien-S

·
Registered
254 Posts
Don't forget reading the multimedia manual. ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
This was a question I was thinking of asking. So curious as to the responses.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which cam did you go for?
Fairly basic one that cost me just over £20. I was surprised at the features when I got it (in that they seem to work!). Stops and starts with movement of the car, protects any file from overwriting where it's detected a possible accident, IR for better night time recording, few other things as well I'm yet to try. It doesn't have GPS positioning built in but so far I'm very impressed.

1080P Full HD 12MP 170 Degree Wide Angle Car DVR Recorder Camera-27.38 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

·
Registered
725 Posts
Fairly basic one that cost me just over £20. I was surprised at the features when I got it (in that they seem to work!). Stops and starts with movement of the car, protects any file from overwriting where it's detected a possible accident, IR for better night time recording, few other things as well I'm yet to try. It doesn't have GPS positioning built in but so far I'm very impressed.

1080P Full HD 12MP 170 Degree Wide Angle Car DVR Recorder Camera-27.38 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

Not sure about the IR bit as normally any IR illuminated camera will see nothing through glass as the IR bounces of the glass and floods the camera with glare so be interested to know how it performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure about the IR bit as normally any IR illuminated camera will see nothing through glass as the IR bounces of the glass and floods the camera with glare so be interested to know how it performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure you're correct, I've got it turned off at the moment so I'll have to try and compare. For the money it does what I want though.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I think IR mode simply switches to black and white (more sensitive to IR), no additional illumination is involved.

I haven't seen a dash cam with IR LED's for over 3 years - people soon found out about the reflection problems.

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
Reactions: incrediblechunk

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's a very good point, can't believe I didn't think of that one. Any idea where I'll find it?
For the EV version I have the multimedia manual here.
Thanks .. is this manual country specific?

I was curious if Hyundai has produced 'feature' videos to help educate customers, salespeople and the curious. GM tried to do a few for the Bolt - not sure how successful they were.

I expect someone on YouTube will produce something - maybe already done in Europe and I'm not seeing them if they are not in English.

Anyone seen some good feature by feature videos? Instructional videos that compliment a manual?

Thanks again for manual link .. going to put it on my iPad :)

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
I got this manual from somebody in the UK if I remember well. But it seems similar to mine in the Netherlands.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts