1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two main takeaways from this video:
1) Price: $45,000-55,000 USD
2) It will be in showrooms this December
The couple who filmed this video has received this information from a Hyundai rep.
If this price is true are you still going to get one?

·
Registered
50 Posts
If the Limited AWD is $55k, I might go for the SEL if that is better priced. In my mind, the inflection point for the Limited AWD is $54k. To me, that’s a fair price for what the vehicle has over the ID.4.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the 2019 Ioniq PHEV- I've been so impressed with it that when my wife is ready for a new vehicle I'd definitely suggest we look at the Ioniq 5. Even at that price point. It's not like I'm ever going to buy another internal combustion vehicle again.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt, reserved Ioniq 5
454 Posts
I watched this earlier today on mute. Just wanted to see if they opened the glovebox 😝.
A couple of points. First, this is not a NA production car - what you see is not necessarily what we will get.
Second, the US features sheet says the glovebox is "Damper." :cry: The Australian specification sheet says "sliding type". I don't think we have much hope in the US for a drawer. Not sure why Europe also with LHD gets the drawer.
But we are supposed to get the Automatic door handles. :)
Of course until yours get delivered nothing is certain.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If the Limited AWD is $55k, I might go for the SEL if that is better priced. In my mind, the inflection point for the Limited AWD is $54k. To me, that’s a fair price for what the vehicle has over the ID.4.
I agree .. I was going to get a Tesla Model Y until I saw the Ioniq 5. I believe the Ioniq 5 is a better car in terms of features and build quality and potential for dealer support. But I think most would agree the Tesla is better engineered at the core. So Hyundai would not be sensible if they priced the Ioniq 5 higher than the Tesla which is currently 55k.

But oh the looks.. it's the coolest car around by far IMHO. If it came down to a couple more grand, how could I resist? I really want the heat pump and battery heater and blind spot views and all the good stuff. I believe it's the first serious competition to Tesla. Unfortunately they will have the same problem as Tesla, which is they won't be able to make them fast enough.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Two main takeaways from this video:
1) Price: $45,000-55,000 USD
2) It will be in showrooms this December
The couple who filmed this video has received this information from a Hyundai rep.
If this price is true are you still going to get one?
The Hyundai rep did not say anything about pricing. The guy just put up the numbers at 5:20 in a random spot in the video. I would not use that as a takeaway because Hyundai has not released any pricing info yet, so it is all speculation. Like I said in another post, I hate when people put up pricing info and they make it seem like it is a fact. All pricing info is speculation at this point. Most YouTubers fail to tell their audience that.

I do like the fact that they were allowed to sit in the car. I was at an all EV auto show a few weeks ago in Southern California. Hyundai had two Ioniq 5s there, and they did not allow anyone to sit in them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HO. If it came down to a couple more grand, how could I resist? I really want the heat pump and battery heater and blind spot views and all the good stuff. I believe it's the first serious competition to Tesla. Unfortunately they will have the same problem as Tesla, which is they won't be able to make them fast enough.
They'll also have an additional problem - dealer markups and other shenanigans that Tesla does not make buyers suffer through.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts