Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
LoL. I never knew that this feature existed. I have noticed that the mirror clears up but I thought it was jut due to driving around.
Been there. See another thread :)

How do I get rid of condensation on the interior of the front windscreen . There was quite a bit of frost on the front and rear windscreen and around 5 minutes of front /rear demister worked.

However I was left with a lot of moisture on the inside and I had to wipe it away
So far, this cold season, I haven't had such problems. Windscreen interior dries up completely quite fast, even when wet clothes (garments) are brought into the car. The AC is a good dryer, in combination with some heat and air flow, is my general experience. So I will just set the front defroster on for a while, along with the rear. But I also don't expect such to be perfect after 5 minutes, as long as the vision is good.

I will closely observe this when the real winter is here (only windy and wet, yet). I don't like to use a cloth when the interior is not perfectly clean, because it tend to get worse the next time, or until I really clean it. And the cloth I do have for emergencies is not always a clean one.

I have an intersection (roundabout) onto a main road just 200 meters from home, and it requires clear side vision. If I have forgot to wipe or scrape the side windows outside, I just open it for three seconds to have a look. Freezing/refreshing, sometimes, but it gets me driving and they soon dry up.

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
Wing Mirrors BC? showing your age... Lol >:)

Now here's a pair of Wing mirrors...
that an old Hillman avenger ? :)

oh my childhood memories

my neighbour had one and some ladies over the road had a ford anglia

·
Registered
2017 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 July '17
1,793 Posts
How do I get rid of condensation on the interior of the front windscreen . There was quite a bit of frost on the front and rear windscreen and around 5 minutes of front /rear demister worked.

However I was left with a lot of moisture on the inside and I had to wipe it away

Is there any way to avoid this ?
So far, since the colder weather has set in, mixed with a fair amount of rain, I have just set pressed Auto and the front windscreen has cleared itself within 30 seconds to a minute. The rest of the time, so far, I have not really used the HVAC system at all, just the heated seat and heated steering wheel.

·
Super Moderator
1,894 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,894 Posts
Thanks, I might try that if my one is not good enough
I tried a couple of different ones but I found that one the best . I had a Renault Kadjar which is bigger than the Ioniq but it did the job . Not had much of a problem with the Ioniq apart from the last couple of nights . If it gets to be a problem that's what I'll get

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but it did solve a dilemma for me. My window sticker said heated side mirrors but there was no switch and no instructions in the manual where it talks about the side mirrors.

After reading this thread, I looked in the section under rear window defroster and lo and behold there is a paragraph telling that the heated mirrors work on the same switch as the rear window defroster. They must have added this paragraph for the 2018 owners manual.

My VW Jetta had a separate switch on the door handle.

·
Registered
409 Posts
My Ioniq Blue didn't come with heated mirrors. It's such a shame too. I would give up push button start for heated mirrors any day. This should have been a legal requirement. I've had to scrape ice from my mirrors twice already this year and it's only the middle of December.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts