Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove the Ioniq with my wife a couple of days ago. Almost all we use when we are in our car is the CD player. We have many great CD's. Could we have a CD wired to the speakers that plugs into cigarette lighter? We both loved the car but this might be a deal breaker for me. Any suggestions? Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I drove the Ioniq with my wife a couple of days ago. Almost all we use when we are in our car is the CD player. We have many great CD's. Could we have a CD wired to the speakers that plugs into cigarette lighter? We both loved the car but this might be a deal breaker for me. Any suggestions? Thank you for your help.
Tried plugging one in and it didnt recognise it (I would have been surprised if it did!).

Just rip your CDs into MP3s on your computer copy them all onto a large USB stick that can be bought very cheaply and you can have a ton of music in your car without filling every inch of the car with outdated CDs!!!!

You could plug a CD player in with an audio jack output into the aux input but I personally would rip the CDs

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
You could use a portable CD player plugged into the auxiliary jack with an RCA cable . The player would have to be secure though , otherwise you'd probably have tracks skipping . My last car didn't have a CD player either and I honestly didn't miss it . I just use the USB input for music . It saves on the clutter of having loads of CDs in the car . You can also use the phone to play music by AndroidAuto or CarPlay

·
Registered
776 Posts
Use FLAC files in your USB to get uncompressed music equal to Cd quality. It will cost you extra MB space however. Forget portable cd players. Far too expensive and too much hassle.

Reactions: howayee and SEvans

·
Registered
167 Posts
I too was surprised to notice absolutely no CD player whatsoever.
But to be honest, I don't miss it one bit - got tired of juggling CDs while driving. Got 32GB USB stick with all the music I need on it, and can switch between folders no problem.

Options you have now are:
1) connect external music source to AUX IN port (be it CD player, MP3 player or whatnot);
2) start using USB port - which is far more hassle-free;
3) put all your music on your phone and stream it through Bluetooth (Apple Car Play or Google's equivalent, name's which I can't remember at the moment :D)

I understand the nostalgia behind playing CD, but - and I don't intend this to sound arrogant - times have changed and CD is slowly becoming obsolete.
Maybe it's time to try out new stuff? :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
What everyone else has said :)

My previous car, a 2004 Prius, came with a tape cassette player, which I never used for the 12 years I had it for playing music, only using it for the past 2 years as part of a Bluetooth set up, so that I could make/take phone calls and listen to music via my phone (via a cassette adapter).

Are you listening to actual CD tracks, or MP3s on CDs? Either way, going to MP3 is the way. It wouldn't be a deal breaker, surely?

·
Registered
725 Posts
If it's a deal breaker I suggest looking after your existing car VERY carefully as I doubt it's long before all cars have no CD player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
I am sure if you drive slowly enough in the right places you could also have a cross dresser in your car

The odd Welsh Dresser , but no cross dressers in mine
0:)

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
That would be an odd Welsh dresser that fitted in an ioniq. A cross dresser would be better but I vote we use your ioniq!

Wasn't talking about furniture :D

·
Registered
843 Posts
Different strokes for different folks. to me, CD = "change directory" [ cd \windows\system32 ]

And in the genre of cross dressing, a 'tranny' to me = Radio Control Transmitter!

But as for ripping compact discs, I hope that Ioniq plays AAC as that is what is likely what I'll use if I get round to ripping any!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts