Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't tend to use sport mode much tbh, but tried it today for a quick getaway on a tricky junction, and it stayed in 1st gear. So tried it several times on my way home and it wouldn't auto shift. There isn't a setting that I have inadvertently changed is there?

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq PHEV
40 Posts
Did you engage sport using paddle or stick? I think the former goes to sport manual and would not autoshift unless you long-hold the plus paddle. Manual or auto can be seen in the dash as red digit or S respectively. Throwing the stick to the left though should go to sport auto.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried again this morning and everything was fine. Did notice this morning it said 'S' in the display as usual, yesterday it was only indicating the gear it was in..... Strange.

·
Registered
'17 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 Jul '17
1,836 Posts
Tried again this morning and everything was fine. Did notice this morning it said 'S' in the display as usual, yesterday it was only indicating the gear it was in..... Strange.
The "S" is the key. As long as it displays the "S" it will auto-shift. If it displays the gear number, then you mush shift manually. I know that threw me when I first got the car, as my previous car didn't have sport but still entered a manual shift by flicking the gear-shift over, so I wasn't expecting the Ioniq to still auto-shift when flicked it into Sport at first.

Is it possible you accidentally bumped the gearshifter forward or back after pulling it toward you yesterday?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't think so, I did try it several times. Stopped at argos for a few minutes and tried again. So can't see me doing that everytime. There must have been a fault somewhere.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
The capital S is easy to mistake for the number five. Just saying, common mistake to switch to Sport with the lever and think you downshifted from 6 to 5. I don't see how that is relevant here, but may be.

·
Registered
Ioniq phev 2018
114 Posts
Yes, I wonder what the logic is. At least it gives you the opportunity to increase the charge level and avoid 0%charge. I think it auto shifts if you rev it fully though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts