Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, totally new here in the electrical car world. Managed to try Nissan Leaf and absolutely fell in love. Can't wait to eventually try the Ioniq and maybe own one myself.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome to the forums, I as well am extremely new to the EV world, or anything having to do with electrical cars in general. I've heard the Leaf was a very nice vehicle, but I just much prefer the aesthetics of the IONIQ

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome to the forum theonefoster. I think you should enjoy the forum and the comments offered.

I suspect most of us are in a "wait and see" mode. I have owned a Prius hybrid since 2010 .... I cannot imagine ever owning a non-hybrid again. I was executed about the new Prius (the 4th generation) until I saw it in person. It was a total and complete turn-off. I have been watching and waiting for the Ioniq. I like the pictures I have seen .... but I am reserving a final opinion until after I see and drive the real vehicle.

My brother owns a new Tesla, and I was thinking I might be interested in the all-electric Ioniq. But the Ionoq's range is not sufficient for my needs and the cost is more than I want to pay. So, I am thinking about the hybrid (non-plug-in) now.

I had hoped we would get more color choices ..... that is a disappointment. I have seen very little about interior colors. That is critical because I do not want black or a dark color. Also, I have read the interior "feels" small .... that will remain to be seen. And, there are questions about the transmission .... I have no complaints about a CVT. I dislike driving down the Interstate in cruise control and the transmission constantly changing gears at every slight rise in elevation.

Hyundai is a very popular manufacturer and the brand is well represented here in the mountain west.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
welcome,

I have been watching the Ioniq for well over 6 months on here and the Hyundai forums. it is getting very close now

the competition is the prius, £3000 - £4000 more expensive a bit more a little bit more tech, but not enough to account for the bigger price ( or the fugly looks) in my mind

the leaf is smaller but looks are still a bit marmite,

then you also have the Kia Niro, but I am not sure if that will make it stateside

·
Registered
359 Posts
welcome,

I have been watching the Ioniq for well over 6 months on here and the Hyundai forums. it is getting very close now

the competition is the prius, £3000 - £4000 more expensive a bit more a little bit more tech, but not enough to account for the bigger price ( or the fugly looks) in my mind

the leaf is smaller but looks are still a bit marmite,

then you also have the Kia Niro, but I am not sure if that will make it stateside
The new Volt might be something to consider and chances are you can find one CPO for a good price. So for those willing to go the used/CPO route, your options are wider than you thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts